327 Federal Magnum ammo

gwpercle

Be Careful when looking for hard to find ammo .
Places that claim they have plenty in stock at low prices might not be who they say they are ... Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) .
Gary

MarkCO

It's one of the calibers that many manufacturers have not run lots of in quite a while. Catching up on other, more popular calibers. The popularity seems to have increased some in the last few years as well. I'm assuming it is just a catch22 and, at some point it will come back.

My LGS tells me that .32Mag and 22WMR are seeing more sales of handguns and ammo of late.

The blessing and the curse of .327 Federal Magnum is that revolvers chambered for that round can also fire FOUR other rounds, all of which are at least somewhat less powerful and, therefore, perceptibly less unpleasant to shoot. I winder how many people who own .327 FM handguns never shoot .327 Federal Magnum ammo through them.

74A95

Pumpkin

Hard to find or ridiculously priced ammunition is slowly making a comeback. 17WSM a month ago was $60-$70/50 round box. Today $25.99 is the highest I found on Ammoseek, with some at close to $20.00 a box.

2damnold4this

I have purchased from SGammo and MidwayUSA. I've always had good service from both of those vendors and they are showing to have .327 Federal in stock.

Lurch37

Can't find 327 Federal ammo in any gun stores, nor on any of the online ammo sites.

I feel your pain.

There is some to be had if you want Federal Hydra-Shok and are willing to pay around $1.50 a round. Of all those sellers on ammoseek, I have only dealt with SGA and have been very happy with their service. They ship free when you spend $200 or more, which isn't hard to do. Be careful with others that may be lower price as their shipping charges can get crazy high.

Federal does show 3 types on their website, but none is available.

Underwood and Buffalo Bore are awesome but higher than the Federal.

Gunbroker usually has some but it typically goes for over the dollar a round price, even for a plinking type load and you'll have to add shipping too.

Reloading is very hard to do right now unless you have some brass, and unfortunately when I do find brass, it's selling for a dollar a round as well, even for once fired stuff. If I have to pay that much I'd rather buy loaded ammo and shoot it and then have the brass.

Right now I'm reloading and shooting a 32 H&R load in my 327 rifle and handgun. As mentioned you can also shoot 32 long and 32 short in the revolvers. I believe 32acp can be fired in revolvers too.

I ran across some 327 mag at a local gun show last fall and paid 40 per 50 for the Federal JSP load. Hopefully Federal will make a run on some of their 85 and 100 grain JSP loads soon and help us out.

Bottom line is it's out there in limited numbers and comes down to how much your willing to pay.

Lurch37

Federal shows 6 on their website and 2 are available.

You are correct, I apologize for my error.

In my defense the link you provided took me to a 30 super page and I didn't look very hard. My bad.

Now I'm off to do some shopping, thank you Sir! :)

reteach

I am one of those Aguila Blanca speaks of. I have two .327s and I have a few boxes of .327 mag ammo. But after shooting a few cylinders in the LCRX I swore off of doing that unless absolutely necessary. I keep the LCRX loaded with .32 H&R for edc. The .327 is a lot more pleasant to shoot out of the two pound Single Seven, but even then, not a whole lot of fun. Back when .32 S&W Long was $17 a box I used that for a range round in both of them. Gotta set up that reloading bench soon.

Armybrat

Am glad I stocked up prior to the pandemic- bought these @ $23/box with a $3 rebate, IIRC.
Haven’t shot any of it yet, so maybe my sons will inherit it along with my Single Seven & SP101.

Attachments

• 5ACE77F9-A1AE-427C-9C99-AC186DE49534.jpeg
    5ACE77F9-A1AE-427C-9C99-AC186DE49534.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 26
  • 36EC66CF-E27B-4215-887F-7D733A9AD603.jpeg
    36EC66CF-E27B-4215-887F-7D733A9AD603.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 66C55148-79F1-4665-8947-94D3D5CB5739.jpeg
    66C55148-79F1-4665-8947-94D3D5CB5739.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18