.32 ACP: A thought? FN Model 1922

Cosmodragoon

Between the butcher shop and some old clothes, you could get plenty of information on bone and meat shot with various .32acp rounds. Then you could put it on YouTube for the rest of us. ;)

GunXpatriot

LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49EwNas_9E

I kind of like that plaster skull, and I guess that will fracture/break through much easier than bone, as bone does have some ability to flex, and won't "shatter" like plaster will... Even still, I guess adding some sort of hard surface before the media will help the test, even a little.

I've seen several people use this "wetpack" as media, but it seems kind of unreliable to me (just packing-wise) for consistency and it also seems a little soft to compare to flesh, but who knows...

Well if anything, I'll just start with a good recipe for ballistics gel 10-20%, clear, hopefully.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Hi, Ricko,

Not sure but it looks more like a Rheinmetall or a Walther than a Browning 1910. One reason I doubt it is a Model 1910 is that that movie came out in 1941 and FN guns were not sold in the U.S. until many years later. The only ones available here were a few purchased by travelers to Europe and brought back.

Jim

JERRYS.

the benefit of the .32 back then was it could be had in a smaller gun than the .380acp, yet give better power than a .25acp. recoil was minimal in these smaller guns, not so with the .380 in the smaller guns leaving that caliber for bigger versions.

the same is held for today. the .32acp gives you more power than the .25acp in the same sized gun. the .380acp in the small guns proves to be too much "kick" for some folks. good examples today are the kel-tec p32 and the p3at or the Seecamps. in .32acp they are tolerable for even frail people, but the .380acp proves to be too much.

the .32acp has a niche as a small BUG, however do not make the mistake of over applying it in other roles.

gyvel

For that matter, Lorre's gun could be a Spanish "Bufalo," or another Spanish make, which were sold here.

ricko

Not sure but it looks more like a Rheinmetall or a Walther than a Browning 1910. One reason I doubt it is a Model 1910 is that that movie came out in 1941 and FN guns were not sold in the U.S. until many years later.

Could be a Rheinmetall... you don't get a real good look at it in the film. There isn't anything about it that I can identify as NOT looking like a 1910. Peter Lorre did (according to IMFDB) use an FM1910 in 1934 in The Man Who Knew Too Much, so the gun wasn't totally unavailable to Hollywood in 1942.

gyvel

Spanish "Bufalo" (sic) pistols were sold here in the 1920s and 30s. That might make it a likely candidate.

Another European candidate for a 1910 lookalike would be a Melior, also sold here, from Belgium.

There are others, mostly Spanish.

Attachments

• spanish bufalo.jpg
    spanish bufalo.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Melior.jpg
    Melior.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: