303 British

tangolima

I understand what you are saying. I'll give it a "maybe". Foamed rubber is compressible . Rubber is no more compressible than hydraulic oil.

It can be distorted to fit a space. I think the orthodontic rubber bands are cut from surgical tubing.

Frankly, I have not had occasion to test this method. I would not hesitate to try it on a cartridge like 7x30 Waters in a Contender. A friend had one that would maybe go 4 loads to case separation. It might be useful for my Krag.

You might be right. The answer may be found with testing. There is no answer in us arguing. I'll keep in mind grease works for you.

As I recall Unclenick once suggested the O-ring and as a kid I had braces on my teeth.
Compressibility may not be the right wording. Flexibility may be better. Rubber is incomprehensible when it is fully contained. It is not going to reduce its volume under pressure when it has nowhere to go. If there is room sideways, it will go sideways and become thinner. In this case the rubber band is only contained on 3 sides. Under chamber pressure it will become thinner. That's really what I meant.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk