$3000 to Spend

shwerp

I'm with waterhouse on this one, I would call up GA Precision and say "We need to have a little chat... " then rattle off my dream gun. The Rock basic package, with a A-5 stock, stop/release mod, harris bipod, tactical knob and one hell of a sweet camo job. Then I would just have to save up some money for a scope.... $3000 sure goes quick

esheato

I've already got a Cooper in 223 AI and an HS Precision in .260 Rem...both were about 3k a piece.

I already lust after a Dakota Model 10 in some obscure varmint caliber with stunning bastogne walnut and hand engraved with a topless nameless woman on the side of the receiver.

Ed

Last edited:

FMB42

I'd go with a Savage w/ Leo or Weaver scope.

I would park the remaining $ and wait for the next "must have" item that is sure to come along.

raktrak

Esheato's Guns

Boys we need to go to the range with Esheato just to check out the art work. It sounds like he has the right Idea about some ingraving. Thats a great idea but I might not hunt as hard with those cuties to look at.:D :D :D

esheato

The Perazzi catalog (the thick one) has some examples of what I'm talking about.

I'd post a picture from the catalog, but somehow I think it's inappropriate.

Ed

Wild Bill Bucks

Just got finished building one about a month ago.
Ruger Model 77 in .308- $415.00
Shilen Competition barrel- $500.00 installed
Weaver 6X24 Scope $399.00
Harris Bi-pods $87.00
Harris mono-pod for back-$84.00
Camo Kit- $8.00
Same hole groups at 50 yards and 1/2 inch groups at 100.
Total dollars about $1,493.00

Ammo- PRICELESS:D

maas

custom 22-250 bar with a bull barrel. dont know why just thought it would be cool thought of it when i was a kid and my dad told me that it wouldnt be good for much. im saying if you could have it with a 10 round clip that would be one lead throwin' fire blazin yochie killin' S.O.B. :D

tarheellefty

Y'all need to learn that there are serious advantages to having a gun built- like you can honestly say " I don't know" when someone asks how much it cost! I bought a LH Win 70 for $6oo, a krieger barrel blank for $300 (will be 260 remington ) , and spent another $6o0 for a (beautiful! ) LH laminated walnut (5 3/4" wide pc of walnut) stock from Mcgee gunstocks . I took it to the gunsmith last night - I didn't even ask what he was going to charge. 1) if he commits to a $ amt , he has to pad it for unforseen expenses. 2nd, he might cut a corner ( actually, not this guy ). 3rd, " if you have to ask, you can't afford it" . Well, I cannot afford it but I'm doing it anyhow. My eyes are tired of a post front sight; I shot < 1,000 rifle rounds last yr ( high power competition ). If the new rifle makes it fun again it will be worth it. Being a leftie hurts sometimes. I gave up after 3 yrs looking for a usedd one and bought a new Win 70 ; I will be using the action and trigger only. on th e bright side , I look forward to Thanksgiving even more when I can show my sister in law (A NONGUN person ! ) and tell her how much my brother would like one too!