3 inch 18 pellet #2 buck 20 gauge load...

BigJimP

Yes, the advantage to the Benelli's ( at least the Super Sport models ) are they are light ...so easy to carry in field..../ disadvantage is - they're light so they don't swing well on follow thru. To offset the light weight - on the 12ga I went with a 30" barrel - and it helps a little.

So like anything else....there is probably no, one perfect shotgun for everything...

RMcL

Power 20 Buckshot

Hogdogs,

You may want to try Wad Wizard Power20 loads. These have an 18 pellet payload of # 4 nickel-plated buckshot at 1200 fps. These are buffered and loaded in a shotcup wad. This 7/8th ounce round has the same recoil level as standard 20 gauge light field loads.

I do not have any personal experience with this ammunition, but it appears to be the type of factory loaded buckshot round you are looking for.

http://www.wadwizard.com/ammo.htm

Last edited:

Bake

Shoot leftie, and put a patch over your right eye. Pattern broad first, trap second, and skeet third. Who knows it might work...

publius

If I understood correctly, you are not looking to hunt w/ the shotgun, it's for home defense? If that is the case, forget about the shotty and stick with your pistol. As far as a new deer rifle, I would get a .243 and probably put a muzzle brake on it (I hate 'em but you have an unusual circumstance.) Please don't mess around and get yourself hurt.

Doc TH

Hogdogs: there is no needle in your mediport. Having said that, you MUST talk to your doctors about shooting with that device in place. There are lots of ways to enjoy shooting sports without endangering yourself.

MattShlock

Very unfortunately the OP passed away early this morning. As you may gather from the thread he was not well but I didn't know he was quite this ill.

I miss him already.

Goodnight Hogdogs -- and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Last edited:

Boomer58cal

It saddens me to hear this, I hope he at least got to go on one last hunt.

I lost a friend to cancer. He was a drag racer since the 60's. I had the honor of pit crewing for his last blast down the quarter in his 9 sec. 140 mph 1955 oval window VW Beetle.

Lord watch over his family.

Boomer