2nd Amendment Law Library closed...

Brett Bellmore

I can't think what would have caused this site to shut down so abruptly, with neither warning nor explaination. Ever since I've had access to the internet I've relied on the Second amendment law library, and refered people to it! Heck, if I'd known this was coming, I'd have downloaded every file I could off that site, now that I've got the hard drive space!

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I emailed Mark again today as I haven't heard back from him. The only thing left that I can think of to do at this point is to try and find the guy's phone number and call him. I probably won't have time to do that until the weekend, if then. Hopefully RickD or alan can come up with something.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

RickD

I got this from an e-mail buddy:

"You can write Mark Fuller and ask him for details. It has something to do with his being upset at how his material was being treated or handled by contributors and users."

Okay, at least has not been kidnapped by a band of hoplophobes.

Rick

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I just got an email with all of Mark's personal info. I'll be calling him shortly.

------------------
RKBA!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Just tried two different, but similar numbers. One doesn't accept unidentified calls (???) No answer at the other.

Will try again later...

------------------
RKBA!

Jeff Thomas

Per the Arizona RKBA list; maybe RickD can add more info?:

----- Original Message -----
To: <AZRKBA@asu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 5:39 PM
Subject: 2A closed?

> What happened to www.2ndlawlib.org ?
>
> It says "The Second Amendment Law Library Has Closed...
> Sorry for the inconvenience"
>
> What up?

----- Original Message -----
To: <AZRKBA@asu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: 2A closed?

> Yes, we've closed the website.
>
> swest

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I just tried calling Mark Fuller's home again. I got a busy signal for about 5 minutes and then it rang and rang, but no one answered. I'm puzzled.

I will try again later, perhaps tomorrow morning as well. It would be nice to get more of an answer than "Yes, we've closed the website." To that I say "No **** Sherlock, I can see that!"

------------------
RKBA!

Mendocino

If anyone can get through and they are interested, my offer for server space and bandwidth still holds. Also, someone said that they had copied the site's content; maybe we can do a quasi-recreation.

JH

Brett Bellmore

Mendocino: Actually, what I said was that if I'd seen this coming, I WOULD HAVE copied the site's content. Alas, I didn't. A reconstruction could be attempted by collecting temporary internet files buffered on various people's hard drives, but my temp files have been wiped since the last time I looked at that site's content.

I hope somebody turns up the reason for this soon; I see above that the contents have even been deleted, but if he could be persuaded to let somebody have a backup?

------------------
Sic semper tyranus!