223 silencer

RAnb

Suppressors here take all sorts of hoops being jumped through to obtain.

I only jump through one hoop. I submit the ATF form 1 along with form 5330.20, a copy of my trust and a check for $200. The ATF and FBI do the rest of the jumping for me while I wait for approval. :)

Ranb

RAnb

Ten minutes of work, one envelope, one hoop. :) It is an ATF rubber stamp, but still takes about 6 months now.

Ranb

RAnb

You are lucky. When were they approved? My last was sent in the last week of 10/09, check cashed two weeks later, pending since 12/09.

Ranb

JoeBob

Silencer Research has some great stats from a 3rd party rather than the vendor, as some are known to "fib" a bit to get higher sales :barf:. Due to starting a new business, buying a new house, etc I wasn't able to get a few cans this past fall as I planned to, but I really liked the look of these ones: Griffan Armament. Its a smaller company, but he's a soldier himself so uses the products he sells/competitors products. I liked the YHM cans too based on the QD's and bang for the buck for the 223/308 cans. SWR Spectre are nice heavy duty 22LR/17HMR cans as well.