.223 / 5.56 brass cracked neck

44 AMP

Staff
If the bolt goes fast, it won't has time to tilt enough.

Ok, I can see that. I would point out that there is a fine line between getting the bolt carrier assy to move backwards faster AFTER it unlocks, and still keeping the unlocking at the proper point.

Unlocking too soon, because the carrier is being pushed back harder, in order to move it faster, in order to (hopefully) reduce or eliminate "dinging" the extracting case, would not be a good idea, I think.

Slight stoning or filing to break the sharp edge might do it, but then again, it might not. You'd have to try it and see, I think.

tangolima

I was thinking about increasing the gasing a little. Loading the load hotter, using a slower powder etc.

I am not really desperate to resolve the issue. Mostly it is driven by curiosity.

BTW, I have put about 1k rounds through this rifle. Cleaned it only twice. It is a cheap A2. Once a while I can shoot better than 1moa 10-round groups with its peep sight. But l found it less and less frequent. For the heck of it, I put a sub-$100 lpvo scope on it. Now that sort of groups becomes routine. It is my failing eyesight. No fun getting old. More funds on optics.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk