.22 pistol recomendations?

zachkuby87

Ok so I'm finally gonna listen to everyones advice and buy a .22 because the 9mm and .45 are getting too expensive to shoot as much as I like to shoot. Now the only requirements I have are accuracy reliability and I would like a larger capacity "less reloading" I don't care if its revolver or semi auto I'm looking for all that in between 3 and 5 hundred dollars

Buzzcook

Ruger Mk II or III, Browning Buckmark, Beretta Neo, S&W 22a or M41.

Ruger Single Six or Bearcat.

S&W K22 family.

bossman

Hit the pawn shops and gun shows and try to find a 9 or 10 shot revolver for the most fun plinking. Not going to get into brand war here just remember a 22 will almost last for ever. A good DA revolver will put a smile on your face for ease of loading as most auto are just 10 shot and a pain to load. Take your time they are out there in your price range.

TailGator

I picked up a used Neos for well less than $300, with several spare mags. Fun to shoot, reliable, and quite accurate. Never owned one of the other .22 semis, so I won't venture to compare, but I do not hesitate to endorse the Neos.

OP, I may be wrong in this, but I am pretty sure that all .22LR semis are single stack, so capacity won't go real high.

hanno

CZ 75 Kadet or a CZ 75 with a Kadet Adapter.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-kadet/

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-kadet-adapter/

I have a Kadet Adapter on my CZ 75 SA and it is a great pistol. The advantage of the Kadet Adapter is you have the option of shooting 9mm or .22 by changing the slide.

The CZ is always in my range bag. No matter what I am shooting on a given day, I almost always pull out the CZ for some plinking.

In fact, I was out this morning with it.

Death from Afar

BUzzcook is right on with that, but i do like the Rugers personally. The Sig mosquitos are ammo sensative but if you have a 226 they are a great training gun. IF money is no object, try and find a .22 conversion kit for your favorite pistol.

As an aside, have a small amount of oil on your fingers when you load the magazines, you will find a .22 works oh so much better with that :>)

chris in va

See if a 22 conversion slide is available for your particular handgun. Really helps to shoot it from the platform you carry.

PzGren

Buzzcook covered it all!

Hmmh,

aren't there many more good .22s out there within the price bracket of three to five hundred Dollars?

However, the S&W M41 hardly fits into that price bracket but a used DW revolver, with some luck a Hi Standard, a Beretta M70s/71/76/87 should be obtainable for under $500.

cnj

Beretta Neos........couple thousand rounds thru mine, and not a single issue so far.......well under $300 new.

chasesparks

they make a 1911 .22 pistol that comes with a fake suppressor.. its supposed to be awesome.. but its also suppossed to be around $400.00

Peter M. Eick

Go used and get a Ruger MK1 to Mk3. If you want to plink. Revolver get a used Dan Wesson 722 which can be found in those prices.

I will say that I find my 87T or 41's more fun to shoot then my Mk1 but the MK1 will digest anything.

skoro

Both the Ruger MkIII and Browning Buckmark are accurate, reliable and enjoyable. Get a couple of extra magazines and you're all set.

Drock

Not sure what 9mm or .45cal you have, but why not check out a .22 conversion kit. That way you train with the same weapon you carry.

Dave