22 match ammo

Lavan

Federal has replaced TWO lots of irregular ammo for me in the past. Multiple FTF per 100.

Granted, a while back but I still won't use Federal.

:(

edited to add that it was irregular primer distribution. I could turn the rounds and they would fire.

Last edited:

Bart B.

22 rimfire match ammo made after 1980 has less accuracy. All the 50- and 100-yard 40-shot prone open records set before then still stand

T. O'Heir

OP is 2 years old.
"...some won't eject and some don't go off...." That's why you must try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo your pistol both shoots well and cycles the action. .22's are just like that.

langenc

From Secondbest
""I shot rimfire competition for twenty years and owned many, many target guns while I was doing it. In one ten year period I was going through seven cases of ammo a year and I learned a lot during that time.""

A great deal of shooting--100 rounds/day-every day.Would make one a better shot and a lower bank acct-then and now. Ammo has probably tripled since then.

RC20

I know a High Master Bullseye shooter that uses CCI standard velocity exclusively. Even at Camp Perry. If someone can make High Master with it, it's certainly good enough for me.

Its not what works in someone elses gun, its what work and then works best in yours.

Certainly if an ammo gives someone good results (out outstanding) its one to try.

Equally, it may not do well in your gun cycle wise or accuracy wise and you try top grade ammo until you find one that suits you for whatever the mission.