22 LR subsonics in Semis

Willie Lowman

CCI standard velocity is subsonic from my 10/22. It is very accurate and it cycles as well as any ammo I have tried. With my suppressor, the action noise and bullet impact is just about all I hear.

The Quiet Gun loads won't cycle the action but I don't think they were meant to.

deepcreek

I tried running some CCI subsonics through my S&W22a and they jammed. Now I just shoot them through the revolver or bolt actions.

Boomer58cal

The Aguila 60g'ers are accurate to about 75yrds in my stock 10/22 barrel and to 150 yrds in my 10/22 with a tactical solutions bull barrel. By accurate I mean I can hit a 4 in. spinner at those ranges. Never had feeding issues or key holes either. My single 6 9 in. loves them. It's accurate out to 50+yrds.

I've never seen a sub sonic round that can match they're effectiveness on small game. They have 40-50% more energy at 100 than remington subsonics. I hit a coon with one at about 25 yrds square in the chest head on and it did a back flip and roles 10' to a stop. Never seen a .22 LR do that before. Needless to say, I was sold.

Bill DeShivs

"I've never seen a sub sonic round that can match they're effectiveness on small game. They have 40-50% more energy at 100 than remington subsonics. I hit a coon with one at about 25 yrds square in the chest head on and it did a back flip and roles 10' to a stop. Never seen a .22 LR do that before. Needless to say, I was sold."

Sorry, but it's physically impossible for any .22 rimfire to do this. Maybe a muscle reaction to being shot.

bamaranger

accurate

I know this is a rifle column, but the Rem Subsonic was the most accurate ctg in my Ruger Mk II std pistol, at least the most accurate of the various common loads availabe at Wally World and such. It got to expensive though, even before the current madness, and I stopped buying it.