.22 LR dilemma

Here's a sketch of what I'm hoping to create. This is the one for .22 caliber cartridges. Obviously, there are a lot more, but this should be enough to drive home the point that there's more to "twenty-two" than just the bullet diameter.

attachment.php

In order:

.22 Short
.22 Long
.22 Long Rifle
.22 Winchester Automatic
.22 Winchester Rimfire
.22 Magnum
.22 Hornet
.223 Remington / 5.56x45

Attachments

• Cartridge_Chart_22.JPG
    Cartridge_Chart_22.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 177

Pahoo

Good representation

Very nice collection and what happened to the CB-Cap? How are you going to present/display them?

Be Safe !!!

Pahoo said:
Very nice collection and what happened to the CB-Cap? How are you going to present/display them?
I would have to find a way to make CB caps. I don't have any, and they aren't that readily available. I don't know if I care to spend the money to buy a box just to tear them apart to make dummies. And most newbie students have probably never heard of CB caps anyway, so it's not like they'll miss them.

My other option would be to make .22 Long dummies and grind down the bullets to the profile of a CB cap. Again, I don't know if it's worth the time and effort.

Plus -- I'll need larger boxes. That outline is the outline of the box of boxes I bought from Amazon. They came in a package of 24 boxes, of which I might use six or so -- if I make up sets for myself and for a couple of instructor friends. They are available in a couple of larger sizes, but I'm not ready at the moment to shell out for another batch that will mostly be unused.

These are the boxes: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VG6M5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm still researching how to hold the cartridges in the boxes. I'll try adhesive dots. If that doesn't work, I'll try double-stick foam tape.

Once I have sets made up for handgun calibers, I'll move on to the .22 centerfire rifle chamberings, and then .30 caliber rifle cartridges.