2011 Whitetail Harvest Thread...

mrMONEYman

IMG_06181.jpg

Shot this massive 10 pointer with my bow on family land that we just purchased 2 weeks prior. It is the first buck that I've connected with.

IMAG0110.jpg

This is my father's 8 pointer that he show with his bow the following week after I shot mine.

Tuzo

MrMONEYman

Your dad is good with a bow - entry wound visible. Bet he taught you how to bow hunt. Great deer.

mrMONEYman

@Tuzo - well, that's actually the other way around. My father has been a traditional gun hunter all his life and just picked up archery not too long ago. Being that his experience has been with rifles, he was taking the same shots with his bow as with his gun - his entry wound was right on, but with some of the angles that he was shooting at, the exit wound was a little too low and sometimes were not hitting enough vitals. After several hard tracking jobs I asked him how he was shooting his deers and he stated that he shot them just like how he would with his gun. I explained to him that he should really concentrate on the trajectory of the arrow and where the exit wound was going to be more than the entry wound. Needless to say, after that discussion, most of the deers that we've shot did not go far.

warbirdlover

Well, the wind was wrong all week for my blind but a couple other guys got nice ones on our land. These were taken 100-150 yards from my stand. The big one (20" inside spread) had come from my direction. I had a couple close opportunities but the deer turned before they got here as the wind was behind them and they didn't like going "with" the wind. Also some other pics of my hunt in central Wisconsin.

Attachments

• rogers2.jpg
    rogers2.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 99
  • rogers3.jpg
    rogers3.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 82
  • garirits1.jpg
    garirits1.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 89

warbirdlover

Some other pics of the hunt in central Wisconsin...

Attachments

• both1.jpg
    both1.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 81
  • me1.jpg
    me1.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 83
  • blind2.jpg
    blind2.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 90

FrankenMauser

Shameless re-post of the only "Whitetails" I took this year:

First: (Sept 11 -- a re-post)
attachment.php

Second: (Oct 9 -- new here)
attachment.php

Two shots fired. Two Antelope down. No meat lost. It all went in the freezer. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2038_800.jpg
    IMG_2038_800.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 578

Desertfox

Oklahoma Buck

deer down.jpg

I put many hours in the blind for 10 days strait. I finally settled for this buck. I had pictures of a bigger buck. He never showed his face. I am not unhappy with this buck.

Dan44149

attachment.php

New to the forum, but I got this guy opening day of bow-season here in Ohio... (Sept 27). 50yd shot and my Muzzy found both lungs and the heart. Ran 50 yards and fell. 250lb+ and just 2.5 +/- years old. After processing, his meat filled a 105qt Igloo cooler.

Attachments

• BUCK.jpg
    BUCK.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 340

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
My uncle got this 7-pt yesterday morning. Our groups rather slow start has picked up greatly. We're up to 10 deer total and every one of us has shot a buck!

a689891a-26a5-420f.jpg

Saltydog235

Its winding down around here, only three weeks left in the season. I started hunting on my property again as part of my plan for late season. Sawa buckI've been after by moonlight Saturday AM at 5:30, he hung around until about 15 minutes before it was light enough and ethical to take a shot. And, I'm not going take him unless I can do it right, old smart deer.

Sat last night and had a double sookie Sunday, no more does for me this year, 7 are enough for everyone to have meat.

nygunguy

Western NY Buck

0021_bruceselevenpoint_20111125_5985-600.jpg

Taken with a TC Encore 209x50 the day after Thanksgiving 2011. I shot a 240gr TC Sabot pushed by 100gr of American Pioneer at just inside 120 yards. He went straight to the ground, no tracking required.

Last edited:

Rembrandt

It's been a tough hunting year.....weird weather and rut activity. Hunting in pouring rain one day then 10" of snow the next. Got this one with bow, girth measurement puts him at 325 lbs live weight. Not the biggest rack, but he had plenty of "beef" on the bone.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg