1927 Model Argentine 45 Automatic

MADISON

1927 Model Argentine 45 Automatic & 1917

The Argentine .45 ACP Auto and the 1917 revolver are CHEAP Knock-Offs of the quality guns produced in America.

liliysdad

The Argentine .45 ACP Auto and the 1917 revolver are CHEAP Knock-Offs of the quality guns produced in America..

I find this humorous. They ARE Colt 1911s. They are no different that Remington Rand, Singer, or Union Switch 1911s....licensed guns.

stalo

ARE colt 1911's

Even though it's a foreign pistol, I would say it's even more of a Colt cause it was actually set up by colt company people, on colt equipment, and first 10,000 actually made by colt. It just had to be put together by them DAMN feriners :D . I guess there's a sentimental reason I'm stikin up for the gun too, since I inheirited it from my late stepdad. But it still doesn't change the fact that I put several thousand rounds through the weapon with just a few ftf's, less than my service issued weapon. Don't worry all you colt purists, if given the option, I would definitely take the Colt out of patriotic reasons, despite of price, quality, or anythin else. Still my favorite model even though now the closest I have to it is a Llama Minimax 45 wannabe. (tellya bout that after first range trip with that, still havn't picked up from store). :cool:

PsychoSword

1959 Sistema. Excellent trigger and shoots well. Very reliable, it even likes WWB. As with all old Colts the weak point is the sights. Typically I don't get hammerbite even from spur hammers, but for some reason the WWI blade hammer bites me bad.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ColtSistema.jpg
    ColtSistema.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 934

stalo

pistol envy

NICE! Wish I never got rid o mine. Yea, I used to get some bite, as I do and did on my current and past guns. Thinkin of goin to a shootin glove for the after initial set of mag's.

XavierBreath

The Argentine .45 ACP Auto and the 1917 revolver are CHEAP Knock-Offs of the quality guns produced in America.

Someone on another thread this week said Norinco 1911s had soft steel. They were called cheap knock offs as well.

How do you respond to this? Maybe by bringing up Auto Ordnance or RIA? No, that would be to easy.

Talk about tool steel sears and disconnectors? Try to educate? No, that would be a waste of time.

I tell you what, I'll agree. You're absolutely correct. They are cheap knock offs. If you ever see one for a good price, let me know. I will make certain you don't buy it.

Cacique500

:rolleyes:

Let me know as well...I have 7 of them and love 'em all. If Xavier doesn't buy it, I will!

tulsamal

I've only got one which I got back when you could get them for less than $300. C&R. Got to love it when the US Mail lady hands you a 1911! Anyway, mine's not for sale.

Gregg

Seraph

I'd love to get ripped-off by some slick charlatan selling one of these cheap knock-offs with the Argentine Air Force crest.

Dave Sample

Back in 1927, American made 1911's were about $15.00 in the gun stores or at the hardware store. You couldn't give them away. To say the 1927's are cheap is just not true. and anyone who thinks Norincos are soft, has not worked on one. There is more bad inforamtion on the Internet than good. Someone hears someone at a Gunstore make a comment and all of a sudden, it is the wisdom of the ages. It never ceases to amaze me, so I will just shut up. I am still mad at Algore for inventing it!