Votes: 52 24.3%
  • Neither!

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
Like that's a hard choice! Let's see: weight, capacity, dependability, rust-prevention and often accuracy, and typically cost lean toward the one...

When I have more money, I'll get a 1911. Maybe. 'Cuz I'm sentimental.

rugerfreak

Cocked and locked just goes against my grain as far as safety is concerned as does Glock's easy pull trigger----So neither. I know I know they're both supposed to be safe, but I don't feel safe with either-----I like the hammer in the down position on any carry gun.

Redlg155

If I want a great shooter that can be a beautiful gun at the same time, the 1911 is hard to beat.

I like both, but currently the nod goes towards the glock. Especially in the Mod 36 "slimline" for carry purposes. I need a gun I can sweat on, beat up, put away dirty If I have to, and still know it will work when needed 100 percent of the time. The weapon is more accurate than many full size weapons I have fired.

I haven't found a commander size 1911 yet that I can be that confident with straight from the factory.

Good Shooting
RED

12-34hom

Both!! Each weapon has its merits, choosing is hafl the fun!

Someday, i'll get a "custom" rig from Springfield Armory Or STI in 10mm in a 1911 configuration>>>:)

That would be my Ultimate carry weapon.

LBC

Having owned several of both, I vote for the 1911. I love most everything about the Glock -- lightweight, simple operation and takedown, good trigger and sights, high capacity, rust-resistant finish, available in a variety of calibers. But I'm 5'10", 185 lbs., and have smallish hands. I could never shoot my G19 as well as I wanted to, a fact I attribute not to lack of practice, but to the large diameter grip. My Colts, on the other hand, make me look like an IDPA champ. I have both a Govt. Model and a Combat Commander. The both fit my hand perfectly, I shoot them wonderfully, they are COMPLETELY RELIABLE, are easily tune-able, and chamber a hard-hitting cartridge that doesn't need to be "bumped up" come winter time because I might be facing a goblin wearing a down or leather jacket. I don't fault anyone for choosing a Glock over a 1911 -- for me, that's what I shoot best.
LBC

J. Parker

Well, since I never had good luck with Glock's and currently have a sweet SA "lightweight" Champion my vote goes for the 1911 design. Best, J. Parker

Wayward

I'm a big fan of Glocks and own 5 of them. However. I've been bitten by the 1911 bug and have a full size Kimber CDP on layaway. I like them both.

BrokenArrow

For some people some of the time for some jobs the 1911 may have an edge, but for most of the people most of the time for most jobs they are better served w a Glock. Why the Glock is kicking 1911 (and every other) butt in the mil/pol market.

OTOH, there are more Caprices on the road than Mercedes too.

Dealers around here send way more SA and Kimber 1911s back for service than Glocks. See more Glocks on the local ranges, see more problems w 1911s. Four Glock 23s fired 20K rounds each, 80K total of service ammo w/o a malfunction in FBI tests. Four of the very best 1911s from the very best malfunctioned 7 times in 80K rounds.

So I guess the Glock is 7 times better? Doesn't mean ya have to like it better too. ;)

WOLV314

I love botht the Glock and the 1911. The Glock is alittle more reliable out of the box, but the 1911 feels better. I guess it is a matter of personal taste.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Personally, there's plenty of room in my gun collection for both. Lots of examples of both.

There are few miseries so sweet as having to stand in front of the pistol cabinet in the morning and ponder "Hmmm, what'll it be today? V-10 or G30?".:D

FJ4ZROX

I vote for the 1911. Glocks are functional, but not near as nice as a 1911. I prefer the looks and manual of arms (SA) of the 1911's.