12:00 AM

mag1911

Didn't happen on New Year's Eve but I noticed water on the concrete floor of a small steel shed in the backyard. Looked up and saw an enlongated hole in the roof. Looked around on the floor and found a .40 hollow point.

Looking at the hole I figure the bullet entered at about 45deg with enough energy to make it through the steel roof. Not enough force to expand the hollow point but surely enough to hurt/kill somebody.

ShootistPRS

I had a neighbor in Seattle that used to step out on his porch and fire a shotgun once in a while. there was a field about 150 yards long/deep and it was not really dangerous at the time. I pretty much ignored him. I was taught that when you fired a gun it was at a designated target. I wouldn't even consider firing a gun to make noise. Though I did have a 1 inch canon that I fired on the 4th of July. There was never a projectile and it was done in a safe direction.

ShootistPRS

No gun is ever safe until I check it and see that it is unloaded with the chamber open. Blanks are not safer than the operator. There have been people injured and maimed with blanks. Remember that there is a wad that becomes a projectile. Granted it has limited range but it is not safe.