ZQI 5.56x45 Ammo

KMAX

Saw this stuff in 30 round boxes for $10 a box. I picked up two boxes to give it a try for plinking and I like to know what will and what won't work in my guns. Has anybody tried this stuff. I don't expect it to be great since it is so cheap, but who knows it might be okay. Anybody tried it?

arizona98tj

I went to their web site. They have a video of the ammo being shot through various handguns and rifles. Never saw a target in the video. If I were making an advertising video, and the ammo gave good results on target, I would certainly include that footage....especially since they went to the trouble of filming the ammo being shot.

KMAX

88 views and not one comment from anyone who has tried it. Guess I will have to be the guinea pig.

Oysterboy

Not so fast there buddy. :D

I picked up two boxes a few days ago and I shot a box yesterday. It did well and I want to get some more especially at that price but I'm broke.

Palmetto-Pride

Shot some of there 308 ammo it went bang every time I pulled the trigger, but it shot MOB (MINUTE OF BEACHBALL) Its brass cased ammo so probably shouldn't have a feeding problem, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Fox84

I bought 3 boxes and will shoot the 308 today. I hope the brass is decent enough to reload.
I don't expect it to cycle in my DPMS, but what the hell.

KMAX

Finally tried out the 5.56x45 today. I didn't have any problems with it functioning in my AR. It wasn't bad for cheap ammo, but not great either. I may buy some more, but I won't expect pin-point accuracy from it.

Fox84

I shot the 3 boxes and went back for more. It cycled fine in my LR308. I reloaded the brass and my groups are very much improved over factory loads. For $10 a box, I'll buy all they will sell (3 boxes at a time) at Walmart.

Tucker 1371

I bought 7 boxes of the .308 at Walmart. Have yet to shoot it but for 9.98/20rds I really don't care how it shoots. Cheap brass cased .308 is hard to come by.

jeager106

Tucker: The price came down from $18.95 to under 10 bucks for 20????
I'd buy it for that money.
Fact is I DID buy 20 rounds of it in .308 for my Rem R-25.
I benched the rifle at 100 and shot only 5 rounds but accuracy wasn't awful.
I got 2" groups which is better than I thought it would do.
I'll try the rest in my Rem. bolt gun with 20" H-bar. It will shoot an inch at least with good handloads.