Zev Fulcrom triggers in glocks...

fire4606

Looking for opinions from those who have actually used these.....

Was it worth the money to you?? Significant improvement?? Etc etc...

I've actually been pretty happy with Ghost drop in connectors and various spring changes on my guns so far bu I'm looking at picking up a G4 34 for IDPA/USPSA fun shoots and am curious about the difference/improvement....

mellow_c

Here is a link to one that would work for you on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEV-Tech-Fu...458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf6eb2d52

I have two of them. I only intended on getting one but I ordered the wrong one the first time and decided to keep it and buy another.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure it was worth it. I didn't notice much of an improvement in my accuracy. They feel nice, and I love the feel of them when dry firing. I was not able to use the reduced power striker spring in either glock because with that spring installed the trigger wouldn't reliably reset if I remember correctly, and that accounts for a lot of the reduced trigger pull weight which now I'm unable to take advantage of.

The two guns I installed them on were a gen 4 35 and a gen 3 17L, for some reason despite those two Glocks coming from the factory with the minus connector, they still had pretty heavy triggers with a very energetic break that I didn't care for. All my other Glocks have good triggers and I've put the minus connector in all of them and love the feel and consistency. I like all of them better than the two zev tech trigger kits... but that being said, the zev tech kits were an improvement over the stock triggers on those two particular guns.

I haven't tried to do any adjustments on either of my zev tech triggers, although the screw that holds the trigger safety in came loose on both of them, I used a bit of blue loc tight on both of them and they have stayed put since.

I'm just not sure what to tell you. I would almost say that they didn't meet my expectations, but maybe my expectations were too high. They do feel nice. I'm also still getting used to them as I feel that the way I pull the trigger has a larger effect on my accuracy with the zev tech triggers than a normal Glock trigger... but for some odd reason it's more difficult for me to be consistent with the zev triggers than a stock glock trigger.

I feel like I may be adding to your confusion rather than helping.

I guess if you want to try one out, go for it, but just get one to start to see if you like it. I still think they are the best aftermarket trigger kit available for the Glocks, I think I just feel weird about not having one standard feel across the board for all my Glocks, and like I said, I'm still getting used to the zev tech triggers.

I think in the end, for me, they offer a nicer feel and a nice look but they don't help my accuracy. If I tried adjusting them it might help, and if I could use the reduced power striker spring it might help, but for now, I've got what I got and that's just the way it is. Having close to $400 in the two of them is a stretch in my mind regarding my personal perception of their performance, but your mileage may vary.

fire4606

Not confusing at all, appreciate the review.

Like I said I run Ghost connectors and a trigger return spring in all my other guns, I might try the same with this one but with all their replacement springs to really lighten it up and see how I like it, that option is around $40 vs the 200-250 on the fulcrum.....

The price difference isn't a huge issue to me but I'm wanting to see a significant difference/improvement if I spend that much.

Picked up a new 34 MOS at the gunshow tonight so I've got to make a decision here soon... Thanks again

mellow_c

Sure thing fire. Keep in mind that the ultimate kit can be bought on ebay for much less, about $165.00 I think. That's where I got mine, I think Zev Tech actually sells them through ebay in an attempt to get more sales because most people have a hard time paying the full price on their website. I say that because when I got mine from ebay the recite that came with it had their logo on it and it shipped from the "Zev Tech" address if I remember correctly.

If you do get an ultimate kit just be sure that it's for a gen 4 9mm.

I realize that in my last post I didn't talk much about the feel so let me see if I can describe it from memory.

The trigger has a smooth wide face and that might be part of what's throwing me off because there is so much room for my finger to move around, but it feels nice. I think that despite my best efforts to pull straight back and remain consistent it's the shape and width of the trigger that may be tricking me into less than perfect groups, but when I REALLY bear down and find the sweet spot I can get through a full mag with all my shots in one big ragged hole. The break is definitely lighter and it has a very very slight bit of "slip" right before it breaks. The break it's self is much cleaner and less violent feeling than the stock triggers I had.... it does feel like a target trigger and it was really nice with the lighter striker spring installed, but like I said neither of mine functioned correctly with the lighter spring and there is a note in the instructions mentioning that you should test your gun for proper function because sometime it won't work with the lighter spring.

I think the thing that's throwing me off the most is the wide trigger face and also the fact that I haven't tried to adjust them in an attempt to obtain a better feel.

Good luck making a decision, if you were nearby I'd happily let you try mine out!

Congratulations on your new Glock by the way.:)

Last edited:

TMD

I tried one in a friends G22 back to back with my G35. In my G35 which comes with Glocks 3.5# connector I added a LoneWolf Spring kit which consist of a +1# trigger spring, -1# striker spring, and a lighter plunger spring. I also did the .25 cent polish job and beveled the plunger. We both agreed that the LoneWolf kit with the polish job was smoother, lighter, and had a shorter reset. The difference in price between it and LoneWolfs $15 spring kit can but a lot of ammo.

redhologram

It's most likely going to be just a trial and error. I have the Zev Ultimate in my Glock 17 Gen 4 and my Glock 26/4 but not in my Glock 19/4. But I had some smoothing done to my 19 trigger that makes it just about as nice as my 17 & 26.
I like a light, crisp trigger pull without a spongy feel or a lot of take-up and that's what I like about my Zev's.