Zastava M88

TexRanger

In doing some browsing on Gunbroker, I came across what looks like a decent 9mm pistol. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with a Zastava M88? If so, what are your opinions? If it were reliable, it seems like a great pick up for only around $250. Any thoughts?

magnumPi

I had one a while back, internally the fit and finish was a little rough. But it never gave me any problems, and fed whatever I gave it. Makes a good truck gun that is always reliable and reasonably accurate. It fieldstrips like a tokarev pistol, which I liked.

mec

They are solidly built Tok knock offs. A lot of people with them have had to fire several hundred rounds to get them to function reliably. The sample I had required about 150 rounds to become reliable with ball ammo and this was after I had smoothed the cycle with valve grinding paste (completely removed and re-lubricated) It would also funcition with the rounded profile remington jhp loads. Others found it reliable with a range of jhps-after a lot of firing to smooth it up.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

pelo801

i have one of those. i think it's a decent gun, nothing too special. yes, modeled after a tok design. i am still in the break in period. less than 400 rounds so far. but i haven't had any problems with it yet. i've been using reloads with various cast lead bullets. for the size of the sights, i find it to be decently accurate. and from the looks of it, so does Mec.