zastava AK m92 question

SpookBoy

Know most standard parts wont fit these.but will yugo ak accessories fit it(since its made in serbia) ? I know mw industrys makes a quad rail. Just checking my opitions. Thanks.

Bart Noir

Yugo means Zastava. Same factory, the nation just changed around it.

Yeah, most AK fore-ends and hand guards will not fit the Yugo since the factory parts are a little longer, covering a bit more of the barrel.

And the dust cover is a bit different due to the extra retainer system that Zastava put on, to keep parts from flying off when firing rifle grenades with the butt resting on the ground.

Bart Noir

balyon85

What about trigger parts and the bolt/piston? Converting mine to a rifle and going to make it 922r compliant.

Bart Noir

My Yugo was a build by Century Arms and it came with the Tapco trigger, which was a rather nice trigger. I think most companies that build AKs here in the USA will use a Tapco trigger set, to help get the required number of US-made parts.

I never looked at my piston to see if it was a US-made part.

Bart Noir

blfuller

Fire control group is interchangeable with standard AK. Everything else is specific to Yugo/Serbian weapons. A new handguard is being developed by Manticore Arms that looks promising. There are some cast urethane of the original wood around as well.

balyon85

My Yugo was a build by Century Arms and it came with the Tapco trigger, which was a rather nice trigger. I think most companies that build AKs here in the USA will use a Tapco trigger set, to help get the required number of US-made parts.

I never looked at my piston to see if it was a US-made part.

Bart Noir

I was curious if it had one already as the o-pap rifle does.