Yuma Range?

Waterengineer

Some on this forum know I have been unemployed for a very long time in this economy do to my chosen profession. Recently, I was approached by the USBR to work on projects in the Southern Colorado River Basin. This means living in Yuma.

Are there any members that have been stationed in Yuma, currently live in Yuma (snowbird or permanent) or otherwise know about the range at the Proving Grounds (or others)?

If so, info please.

BigJimP

Sorry, I do not know anything about them / when Zippy13 checks in - he may know something first hand / but I'll ask around and see if I can find out anything.

Glad to hear you have a new opportunity - good luck with it.

HiBC

I just punched in a search for "Yuma Colorado Trap and Skeet" and got results.I copied one for you.

Colorado state trapshooting association YUMA. 9TH - PAWNEE. 10TH - EAGLE. 17TH- BUENA VISTA. CORTEZ. COLORADO CLAYS ... Trap, Skeet & Sporting Clays. Shooting Teams. OPEN WEBSITE HERE. CSTA ZONE MAP ...
www.rmclaysports.com

the rifleer

You mean adiar range? Ive been there. its a public range and its free. They have a nice 1000 yard range, pistol and shotgun ranges, silhouette, archery, black powder... its a nice place. I don't go much because its a bit of a drive for me to get there, I really only went to check it out. Its a nice range, but you gotta bring your own everything.

And its not actually in Yuma, maybe 20 minutes out, its going to seem like forever, your going to pass a place with a tank outside of a shop of some sort, keep driving.

the rifleer

I think there are groups that shoot there, but like i said, i don't go much. I went to shoot rifles, not shotguns. Last time i went there was some sort of pistol competition going on, but again, i wasn't involved.