Yugo 57, Gander mountain for 199.00

superpelly

Gander Mountain has the yugo 57 for 199.00 , includes 2 magazines, cleaning rod, and holster. Not to bad of a deal.

essohbe

I don't know. I got one from SOG and it shoots like a blind kid throwing rocks.
The ammo literally falls out of the f#%@'n barrel. Ten feet away from a target 1 out of 5 shots actually hits it, the rest are like 7" below where I'm aiming.

I am really hoping it's just an ammo problem but no one else seems to complain as much as me about the Polish surplus. That's all I've used so far, I bought a tin of it and can't find anything else at local stores to try in contrast yet. I don't feel like paying shipping for one box of good Tokarev ammo, that's retarded.

If you decide to buy it, DO NOT BUY THE POLISH SURPLUS AMMO just to be sure.

I really hope there's nothing wrong with the gun. I don't think there is, the crown's perfect, the lands and grooves are flawless, looks like it was never shot at all. Hope it's not the gun. Maybe I'll sell it and get the .45 I want.

VV T F ?

benogil

You may want to slug your barrel, as there are reports of some Yugo's measuring at .315. Not good for .30 accuracy.

jag2

essohbe, pretty much the same here. I've tried several different reloads, some
Winchester and some S&B all with the same results. Mine looks almost brand new so I had high hopes. The trigger felt terrible so I removed the safety and it feels much better but still shoots about a foot low. I guess it will just be a good conversation piece. Slugging the barrel may reveal the problem but I'm
not sure what the solution may be.

cougar gt-e

I was going to post a link to numrich's gunparts site where I recently bought a new barrel for 35 bucks. But they seem to sold out of nearly ALL tokarev parts. Ouch.

benogil

I thought I had lost a component of my M57, I contacted Dan's Ammo, Dan wrote back saying he thought they would have replacement parts in a few weeks. Maybe they will have barrels.