You've Got To See This!

Tanzer

Whenever I go to my place in Maine, I spend a great deal of time practicing with my rifles, because there's not many ranges in my home state where I can shoot high powered weapons. Evey once in a blue moon, just for kicks and to confuse my dogs, I take out my old compound bow I've had since I was a teenager. I've always had a knack for archery.
I know it's not gun related, but I had to show this picture. Seems I still have the knack. I never thought this could even happen, especially with field tips. Just thought I'd share it.

Attachments

• split arrow.JPG
    split arrow.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 157

Tanzer

Approximately 25 yards. Standard aluminum arrows from Dick's Sporting Goods.
I had no arrow target, because I usually shoot rifle. I doubled two old foot wiping rugs over a line to shoot at. The first arrow had gone in to about where it was struck, then hung down with its tip on the ground behind the rugs. That's why arrow #2 was able to hit it from beneath. You can see the rugs in the background.

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 54

FirstFreedom

That's cool - it's amazing the power (sectional density) of arrows. I've doubled up TWICE this year while practicing - once with a recurve and once with a compound - one of the pictures is found on this page:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247175&page=2

It's cool, but I hate losing a perfectly good arrow. So I will no longer shoot at less than 20 yards after this year's experience.

There's a triple on display at the local archery shop.

davlandrum

Great shooting, but I will pass on what my buddy said the first time I robin-hooded one - "if you shoot enough, it will eventually happen - same as if you stood at a par 3 and just hit golf balls, eventually you will get a hole-in-one.

It does feel great though!