Youth Baseball Team Raffling AR-15 Rifle

jimpeel

Yep, you read that right. A local shop donated the firearm and is running the raffle for them. I'm sure the antis have their shorts in a wad over this.

SOURCE

Youth Baseball Team Raffling AR-15 Rifle

Mar 13, 2013

By Todd Starnes

A youth baseball league in central Illinois is in desperate need of cash – so they’ve decided to auction off an AR-15 assault rifle.

The Atwood-Hammond baseball league said they only raised $10 with last year’s raffle. So a local gun shop provided the league with a Rock River Arms Tactical Operator Two .

<MORE>

For more information on the raffle, click here.

jimpeel

Posted by the gun shop owner:

For those of you wanting to purchase raffle tickets and do not live in the area, you can mail a check to ATWOOD ARMORY, 65 E CR 1175 N, Atwood, IL 61913. Tickets are $20 each. Please make sure you include a note with your name, address, and phone number. Once I receive your check, I will mail you your ticket stub. The firearm can be shipped to a FFL dealer in your area. Thanks so much for your support!

Wyoredman

Happens all the time 'round here.

No-one ever says a word about it.

But, then most of the media thinks Wyoming is not part of the USA!

gunloony

Hardly qualifies as news in lots of places, though might be seen as odd in NYC, Chicago, or D.C. I have seen local volunteer fire departments and other organizations raffle firearms many times. Kudos to Atwood Armory for supporting the team. This is probably a very good time for a gun raffle.

Todd Starnes needs to learn the difference between an auction and a raffle, though. ;) The terms are not interchangeable. ( I recently attended a Friends of NRA dinner where both a raffle and auction were conducted. :D )