Your M&P holster?

"JJ"

So I recently purchased a M&Pc for concealed carry and maybe some handgun competitions. Here's a pic, I've got to show her off! :p
1331164517.jpg
She's a shooter!! So my question is; when you carry your M&P, what holster do you use? I am mainly looking at IWBs & I have fit tested a few that fit a bit too snug on the trigger guard for my liking. I believe the one that was the tightest was a Desantis. I have a Blackhawk that fits, but is still a bit snug which makes the draw just a bit more difficult. I was just curious what you guys have tried and liked & why. Thanks for your help!

"JJ"

Thanks Lee! Good to hear from you my friend! My Sigma is still going strong and doesn't get a chance to get jelous!! ;)

chadk7

Try bianchi. They aren't expensive. I have had one for a year now and I love it. I'm sure they probably make a iwb for the 9c. I paid $30 some bucks for mine.

If you want something more expensive you can look online and there are places that will custom make holsters to fit your gun

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

firespec35

I'm getting a galco summer comfort for my 45c. If you get it direct from S&w its cheaper than getting it directly from galco

Uncle Malice

I like the Blackhawk SERPA for my M&P....

As for IWB holsters, I really like the Hybrid holsters - Galco KingTuk, CompTac MTAC, Crossbreed SuperTuck, etc... They are comfortable with good passive retention.

MLeake

I have three.

One is a CompTac Minotaur hybrid. It works quite well, and has a very slim profile.

One is a Sam Andrews MacDaniel IWB. It is a bit more comfortable against the skin than the leather part of the Minotaur, but it is also a bit thicker overall. The MacDaniel gets the nod for comfort, but the Minotaur conceals slightly better.

The last is a Soteria Leather OWB. It tucks up tight, keeps the grip tight above my hip, is well made, and looks good.

I know Sam Andrews, and I know Cerisse at Soteria. They are both good people, and they make good products.

fastbolt

I use a couple of similar DeSantis off-the-rack leather OWB scabbards w/thumb break for my own M&P 40C and a SW999c (since I could buy them through S&W for an armorer's discount ;) ). Not too bad, all things considered, for a factory cookie-cutter leather holster.

I prefer a Comp-Tac standard style paddle (FBI cant) for the M&P 40c, though, as well as for my full-size M&P 45.

I have other plastic (kydex, concealex, whatever, etc) paddles & belt slides which I've accumulated and used over the years, but the Comp-Tac is simply the best of any of them.

For leather, my favorite concealment off-duty/./plainclothes holster of all time has been the Hume H726. I've them for years for different models, although I haven't gotten around to ordering one for my M&P's. I have a number of them for different S&W 3rd gen pistols, and my old Colt Commander. They've changed over the years in some minor aspects ... belt slots vs. tunnel belt loops (they claim are stronger), and a plastic cap on the thumb snap (instead of adhesive felt covers, which I prefer, and replaced on my newer H726's).

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=49

The H&26 has a semi-open breakfront design with a low-cut opening that allows for a fast presentation without the pistol having to be lifted as high as for a presentation from a typical pocket-type holster body. That being the case, it probably isn't going to be "legal" for some competitive venues (IDPA?), but I don't do gaming. I found it very fast, indeed, when having to draw while working plainclothes over the years. Might be easier for someone with shoulder issues, too, since the elbow doesn't have to be lifted as high for the draw stroke (the old 'elbow up/elbow down' technique).

Just some thoughts. I generally don't shill holsters.

Mercenary

I carry a full size M&P9 IWB in a N82 Tactical holster. Here's a pic of the Original holster from their website which is what I have. I payed $40 for it. It fits great and is VERY comfortable. The pics are from their website, hence the Glock 19.

O-GLOCK-19-224x300.jpg

And here's a pic of their professional model. They were priced at $70.

P-GLOCK-19-258x300.jpg

Both feature a suede backing:

COMPACTSUEDE.png

Check them out on the web: www.n82tactical.com

ritepath

411QDTCswgL._SS500_.jpg

I carry my 9c in this little guy. It's IWB or OWB...

I always carry mine OWB, this probably isn't that good owb since the barrel is exposed and would be poking you all the time.

However, it's a pretty good between the belt and pants holster.

Sixer

I got into leatherwork a few years ago... mainly so I could make holsters for myself ;)

In the last 6 months or so, my little holster business has really taken off!

Here is a holster I made for my own M&P 9c...

100_0434.jpg

100_0433.jpg

Outforit

Hey sixer, I just checked out your Facebook page, and you make some beautiful holsters. I will be looking you up for my next one.

To OP. I just picked up 40c on Saturday and use a don Hume IWB that I used with my Taurus pt140 plus I picked up a galaco kingtuk. They both work good but the kingtuk is more comfortable to me.

7jinxed7

I carry my 9c in a Comp-Tac M-Tac. It has plenty of adjusting for retention,height and cant angle. Belt clips can be changed for cheap to fit different belts if needed. It's comfortable all day. Runs about $80.00.

I like it and would buy another. I am considering the C-Tac as well. The C-Tac is all kydex so the retention might be a little better. The M-Tac which is a hybrid version just applies pressure on both sides with a small bump at the trigger guard,only on the kydex side. It has never tried to fall out ,it is tight but, i would like to get something a little more secure.

Other companies besides Comp-Tac mold the kydex tight all the way around the trigger guard instead a small bump.