Your loads for 9mm Berry's bullets

Huskerguy

Working on developing some loads using Berry's bullets. I will be using 124 grain, round nose bullets. I want to use HS6 and Titegroup to start with. Will be shooting in an SR9 and CZ SP 01 Phantom. My goal is accuracy and manageable recoil for the bride to shoot. What do you have for recipes with these combinations? Thanks in advance

l98ster

Amazing timing for this post!!! I spent the day yesterday at the range testing the berry 124 gr round nose 9mm using titegroup. After much testing I found a great load.

124 grain RN berry plate bullet
4.0 titegroup
1.150 OAL
winchester brass
winchester small pistol primer.

This load shot very well, averaging about 1068 fps. It was tested out of a CZ75 and a 5 inch sprinfield XD. If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I can send you the chrono numbers.

BTW, 3.6 gr titegroup cycled my XD fine, but could not cycle the CZ reliably.

-George

hAkron

I like the rainier round nose in 124gr. I use 4.3 of HP38/W231
I had some issues seating thes bullets using my RCBS seating die. It would flatten nose of the bullet. It didn't affect accuracy, but it made my rounds look crummy. I shelled out for a Redding competition seating die and have not had any more problems with deformed bullets.

m&p45acp10+1

I load the 124 grain HP with 4.2 grains of TiteGroup, or Bull's Eye. Both work well, and have worked well in several different guns. The 4.0 grains cycled the actions just fine. It was a bit on the sooty side. I upped the charge a bit and that problem stopped for me.

1SOW

The HS6 isn't the best choice for lighter loads. As a slow burning powder, it works well for fairly hot loads.
Titegroup is a fast hot-burning powder and used by many for light competition loads.