your highest round count guns?

troy_mclure

im alwsys amused by people giving gun recomendations, "ive had it for 3 years and have nearly 1000 rounds thru it". that isnt even really broke in in my book.
the only gun i have had for more than a year that i dont have 1000 rounds thru is my savage 111 in 7mm mag. now that i have swapped it to .30-06 that will change.

what are your highest round count guns? lets say rimfire and centerfire.

my marlin 60 has well over 100k rounds thru it. it gets a bulk pack at least every outing.

my xd40sc is 26k, and ive tapered off shooting it quite a bit.

MosinM38

.22? Ummm....Ruger 96 lever action. Easily 50K....I dunno, just saying a minimum there.

Centerfire round. Sig 226. Owned 3 years in 2 months and I have collected 3K rounds of brass.....Add in that I retrieve barely half, plus aluminum...probably 7K rounds?

My AK and Sig will both be getting workouts as I plan on training heavily with them this year. Plan is for 4K-5K each this summer. (okay, not REAL heav, but heavier than my normal).

Japle

I have 12,000 - 15,000 rounds through this .45 Commander that I built in 1975.
CommanderRT.jpg

kraigwy

I'd venture to say I have the most round count in my Heavy Match M1A. Got it in 1977 and have been shooting it in competition every since. Shot it pretty heavy with I was shooting for the Guard. I couldn't venture to say how many rounds, but between matches and practice, 10s of thousands. I've went through several barrels.

In the pistol department I'd say my Series 70 Gold Cup. Also got it in the mid 70s, shot it quite a bit in competition both Bullseye and action type shooting.

I also have several thousands of rounds out of the Model 28 (dept issue in 1974 or so). Lots of practice with that gun, heavy and light loads. Still shoot it as APD gave me the gun when I retired.

I think a lot of it depends on how long you have had a given gun and how much you are into competition shooting with that gun.

Ozzieman

Series 70 Gold Cup
I have two 1911’s the other a Kimber that has only shot 1K at most. The Gold cup has to be over 5,000 since I have gone through my first buy of lead from Penn Bullets for the ACP and that was an order of 5,000. But that was in the last 4 years. I have owned the gun since the early 80’s and would have to say double that. But that is only a guess.
My second would be my AK. I’m on my 4th case of 7.62 X 39 (1260 per case) all steel.

Superhouse 15

I have a Ruger GTM that I shot a thousand rounds a month at least for about 3 years, and still shoot a hundred or so a month.

My house gun is a Glock 17 that was a range rental gun for 4 years before I bought it. I have no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds it has fired.

demigod

my marlin 60 has well over 100k rounds thru it. it gets a bulk pack at least every outing.

I have an old 1964 Ruger Mk I rimfire pistol that's got to be in that ball park. We used to dump a 550 round bulk back every weekend through that thing. We'd shoot it til the ground looked like brass carpet under our feet.

SauerGrapes

That would be my Browning XS Special 12ga. 2 yrs. old, about 7,000 rds.
By comparison my Rem. 760 30-06 about, 200 in 30yrs.

treg

My 23 year old Buckmark has seen many, many 1000+ round weekends. I'd buy a brick or BP on the way home on Friday and have to run to town for more Saturday night. There were also many weeks where it was shot every day.

Total rounds? Who knows. Still shoots o.k. but I retired it this year. I replaced it with another Buckmark which shoots like the old one did up until late last year.

teumessian_fox

"ive had it for 3 years and have nearly 1000 rounds thru it". that isnt even really broke in in my book.

My highest round count gun is a MK 4/Series 70 1911 Colt I bought in 1977. I have between 2000 and 3000 rounds through it.