your first shotgun

seansean1444

lets hear storys about your first shotguns and see some pictures if you have any. my first shotgun is the top one of the 2 in the picture its a H&R single shot 20 guage with a 3inch chamber and mod choke.

Attachments

• H&R 20 and winny 12.jpg
    H&R 20 and winny 12.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 93

zippy13

Like DiscoRacing, my first shotgun was long, long ago and has been gone almost as long. It was a Sears (High Standard) entry level 20-ga pump. Next was Winchester Model 101 Skeet guns in 12-ga and .410-bore -- kept them about 20-years. Since then, I've picked-up a few comp guns.

Ted

My first shotgun was a J. C. Higgins bolt action 20 GA. forty seven years ago when I was thirteen years old. It was the best three shell single shot I ever owned. :) By the time you racked another shell in the game was far away. One shot kill or you went hungry.

huntinaz

My first was a 20ga single shot, possibly the same model in the picture. It was ok, I couldn't hit many birds with it. Clays I could do OK. I have a Remington 870 now and it's great. I'm much better with it than I was with that 20ga. I do wish I still had it though.

frodo70444

my first shotgun was a rossi .22/410 interchangeable deal i lost the 410 barrel over the years and i have a winchester model 370 my dad gave me that he had when he was a kid chambered in 3 inch magnum

BANG

First Shotgun

In 1954--a 12-ga. H&R bolt-action, and it weighed a ton. Got tired of carying it around Pheasant hunting and traded it in on a Chicago Arms 16-ga. pump--a gun I really liked and kept for many years.

Spats McGee

Administrator
20 ga H&R single-shot. Looked just like the one in the OP's picture, except that it had some kind of screw-on choke tubes.

dmac2572

Stevens single shot .410. Grandfather gave it to me around the age of 8 and I have since passed it on to my son.

Rifleman1776

Stevens (I think) .410 double barrel. I inherited from my grandfather. Nice looking gun, some engraving on sides. But I hated it. Shot rabbits, saw blood on fur and they kept running. I considered, and still do, the gauge/caliber completely wuthless. Sold and bought a Ted Williams/J.C. Higgins (Sears-Roebuck made by Stevens) double barrel 12 gauge. Kept and shot for many years. I never fit me well and I was never happy with it. After more than 50 years I sold and bought an 870. BTW, I started shooting the .410 about 1950 and bought the 12 ga. about 1955.

rommer25

My First Shotgun

was a Remmy 870 with a Poly choke. That thing would not shoot straight. I once used a friend's Ithaca 16 gauge double. The next pay day, I got a Stevens 311 in 12 gauge and have used that for many years. I also shoot a double 20 gauge but mostly use the old Stevens 12 gauge.

Hawg

1887 Winchester 12 gauge when I was 11. I used 2/34 modern shells in it all thru my teen years because I didn't know any better. Still have it and it's still in good shape. Can't find a full pic just a logo shot.

Shotgun059.jpg

LilHog

My first shotty was a mossberg 500 cruiser with a PG in 20ga, I love that gun.
Since then I got a 870 tactical 20ga and a H&R topper single shot in 20ga.
The mossberg has since lost the PG and I added a stock. I love them all.

Mine was a 1100..hunk of crap...brandnew it was a lemon back in the day...best single shot remington ever made!!! LOL I will stick with the Brownings!!