Your first firearm?

What was the first firearm you purchased for yourself?

• Centerfire Rifle

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Centerfire Pistol

Votes: 84 31.5%
  • Rimfire Rifle

Votes: 63 23.6%
  • Rimfire Pistol

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 59 22.1%
  • Black Powder Rifle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Powder Pistol

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldShooter

Not counting a bolt action 20 ga shotgun I picked up as a youth (and quickly disposed of), my first (recent) purchase was a Browning Buckmark Camper. It's still running fine after 5 years and many thousands of rounds. There have been many more guns of many calibers since then.

MrClean

Mine was a Ruger Single six with the 22 mag cylinder as well. Loved that little pistol, wish I had another one now. Just something about them.

Microgunner

The first firearm I owned was a Winchester .22 short single shot bolt rifle. A gift at aged 6. The first firearm I purchased was a Marlin mod 60 at aged 16.

JWT

First gun I purchased was a Stevens .22 semi auto rifle. Bought it with money from my paper route when I was about 12 years old. First gun I owned was a Winchester model 24 side by side double barrel 20 ga shotgun that my parents gave me for a Christmas present.

Have owned them for over 50 years and still have both of 'em.

MemphisJim

First firearm was a Christmas present in 1949 at age 6, a slightly cut down Winchester Model 47, which I still have. First firearm ever purchased was a .25 "ankle gun" I smuggled to and from Vietnam ('67-'68); traded it for some decent fishing tackle in about '73. First serious centerfire pistol was a used Sig P229, .40S&W, bought four years ago. First purchased centerfire rifle was a Winchester Model 100, .308, in '68; sold it in '72, ahead of the firing pin recall on them.

sserdlihc

A Ruger P89.
DSCF4343.jpg

4INCHSMITH

Shotgun

An old Springfield SXS, lovingly referred to as "the Elmer Fudd gun". It taught me how to break clays and the 30" barrels really soak up recoil for extended sessions.:)