Your favourite range tool

'88Scrat

What is your guys's favorite range tool? For example I used to carry a Husky multi-tool and a Benchmade Model 51 to the range for everything from clearing jams to adjusting scopes. A guy I work with told me about a multi-tool that was made specifically for firearms but I can't remember what it was called.

I have a medium sized tackle box I've modified to a range bag, it's easy to carry, & holds anything I've ever needed, contains basic hand tools, cleaning tools & supplies, & a wide assortment of screws, springs, & etc. that I might need, as well as a bore light, some spray lubes & etc. ( sorry no specific range tool, just the box that holds them all... in that situation, I prefer the correct tool, rather than something that tries to be everything )

my actual favorite range "tool" ( sorry again, as I know it's not what you were after ) is my 4 seater Kawi Mule... makes going out to the 200-300 yard targets easy for me & up to 3 of my shooting buddies... it's had alot of work done to it, & I trim branches from the aluminum diamond plate roof, to keep my range branch free...

I do have a nice damaskus hand crafted Screwknife, that my wife bought for me... they are the "tool" to have for CAS

Kreyzhorse

My favorite range tool is a spotting scope on a tripod. Makes sighting in and general target practice a little easier to see exactly where you are hitting.

My favorite tool tool is a Craftsman multi bit screw driver set. Perfect for virtually all range needs.

Agree with spotting scope. It speeds up sighting in and gives you quick feedback.

I generally bring an armorer's kit when I go to the range.

Rifleman1776

Spotting scope on an old camera tripod I used to use as a professional photog. Scope is a 45 year old Redfield and as good and reliable as day one. Tripod was purchased in 1963, still going strong.

Yung.gunr

Well since it's a question on favorite tool, I would have to say my old Gerber multi tool (Leatherman style but I like it better then the Leatherman).

I usually bring my M-Pro7 cleaning kit with me in case of a stuck case or needed oil.

I would love to get a spotting scope, but the range I go to rents them for $2. So, I can't justify spending $60 for a crummy one, much less $$$$$$ for a good one. Their old beat up rentals work good enough for my skill level. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to improve my skills to where a good spotting scope is needed...

ClydeFrog

Thumb buster...

In the early 1990s while still a "lower enlisted", ;) , I got a mail order magazine loader that aided me & prevented many "sore thumbs" over the years.

Mag loaders are more common now in 2012. Some top firms like Beretta & Springfield Armory include them with new semi-auto pistols.

Clyde
Big ups goes to the "Go-Jo" & "Fast Orange" cleaning products that remove the gunk/grit/lead/etc. I've taken it to a few ranges and it's always in the restroom of the security school where I do my yearly re-quals. :)

TheSILENTtype

my gun.............. ha ha

checkout tasker multitools - I swear by them. They are pretty wickedly cutting edge and can be specfied to your needs.

i guess it is one of those, why have one ; when you could have them all in one choices for me!

Jo6pak

I've got a large tackle box with nearly everything you could want/need at the range.

But the one little tool I use the most is a multi-tool I got when I got my NRA Life membership.

ClydeFrog

Poogy Bait....

When I was a young lower-enlisted soldier a million beers ago, :) , I recall bringing a lot of "poogy-bait" to the range. Lol.

I remember a old SGM(Sgt Major/E-9) using that phrase at a large formation once. It got a big laugh.

TPAW

Your favourite range tool

My lunch cooler! Breakfast at home..........shoot.............lunch at the range.............shoot...............back to the home front for dinner.........clean what I got dirty at the range......... ;)

Edward429451

Spotting scope and a chrony. I have a tackle box too that goes, but I'm really there after the targets and data so they're my favs.

10-96

I dunno, for me it's a toss up between my spotting scope, shooting mat, and stapler. Life without those just, well it may not suck- but it aint far from it.

saltydog452

As a pistol shooter, these days a walking cane length 'Pecan Picker-Up-Er', Turbine Industries, Wichita Falls, TX 940.766.4253 makes my shooting less of a chore and more enjoyable.

Other goodies like spotting scope, squib rod, plugs, and overlays have been in my gun box for years.

The gadget from Turbine Industries is a new, and welcome accessory.

salty

Got a stuck bolt?

This tool has been used for several years at my range by neandertal gunsmiths with significant success. It remains at the range.

Attachments

• Jerry the SKS Gunsmith with his Precision Tools 2.jpg
    Jerry the SKS Gunsmith with his Precision Tools 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 21