Your Favorite Outfitter?

MTSCMike

I'm looking for a good outfitter for a hunt this Fall/Winter...something interesting...Whitetail, Pronghorn, Elk, Mule Deer...all are on the menu along with any suggestions you may have. I'm thinking Texas, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio,etc within a long day's drive from Tennessee.

I want your suggestions for outfitters you have used who are good, professional, personable and reasonable (not cheap but not extreme with respect to price) who you would recommend to your best hunting buddy.

Who do you like?

jmr40

Probably too late to get anything this Fall, especially in a good area with a good guide. You might contact someone about 2014, 2015. The good guides book early. The deadline to apply for elk tags in most Western states for this year has long passed. The deadline for Colorado is early April, and you need 3-4 preference points to get into the better areas. I'd start applying for points in CO next April and plan on a elk hunt there in 2017 or 2018.

It is possible to get tags through a guide on private property sooner, but it will cost you. I don't see it happening this Fall unless you get lucky and someone cancels and you can take their spot.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If you're willing to rough it a little (and it's probably a 21 hour drive), Colorado elk archery tags are "over-the-counter" in many areas. No outfitter needed. Just a tent and some food.

Paul B.

The outfitter I hunt is in New Mexico.www.

kiowahunting.com Ph: 1(575) 445-9330

His antelope hunt is nice. I got a decent head back in 2009. He has drop camp and guided hunts for elk and other game.
I'll be hunting with them again next January.
Paul B.