Your favorite "fun" guns?

CZ_

You know, handguns that are obselete (in a defensive sense) nowadays, but are still fun to shoot due to historical significance, beautiful design, or other reasons.

My choices:

SSA Single action revolvers (Colts and clones)
Remington single action revolvers
Top break single action revolvers (S&W Schofield...sp?)

There is just something about single action revolvers that puts a smile on my face. They are my favorite fun guns to shoot.

Other fun guns that deserve mention:

German Luger 08 (gorgeous looks, even though it had many problems). I once had a modern day clone of a Luger made by Stoeger--but sold it.
Walther P38 (gorgeous gun, worked well too).

Hkmp5sd

The favorite one that I own is a .41 Magnum Ruger Blackhawk (3 screw). Two that I would love to own is a WWII dated Luger and a WWI era Broomhandle Mauser, both without have the importer's name engraved on it.

David4516

A pic of my fav fun gun. So it's not a pistol, but it's got a pistol grip, so does it count?

Attachments

• 1927a1.gif
    1927a1.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 388

Thirties

Favorite fun guns: 7.65mm semi-auto pistols from years gone by...

CZ70, Walther 4, Ortgies

...also the surplus Pistolets Makarova (in 9x18).

Inexpensive to buy; inexpensive and easy to maintain; inexpensive to shoot; fun to own.

Eric Larsen

One of my favorite "fun" guns is my dads CZ52. Lots of fun to shoot....flash, boom and repeat...:D The DE50, Casull and the Maxine I get to shoot with him are also...."entertaining" :rolleyes:
to shoot....
Shoot well

Dain Bramage

Norinco TU-90 Tokarev clone. It's slim, attractive, incredibly reliable, and accurate enough. It's also a hoot to shoot.

I have a CZ-52 that feels like a ham in comparison. It used to misfire on S&B and Yugo surplus that the Tok had no problems with. Cleaning up the firing pin channel seems to have cured it. However, I got one with a pitted barrel that doesn't even match the Tok's middling accuracy. A new barrel and some other upgrades should make it a fun shooter too. I'm looking forward to trying some of those Timb's sabot rounds in it.

WIL TERRY

THESE ARE ALWAYS IN MY GUNBOX WHEN I GO SHOOTIN'.

1. An Astra CUB 22short
2. a Colt SAA 45ACP
3. A TLA 44spl
4. an old K22
5. a Colt 38spl OM
6.a 45COLT sixgun...various ones

My wife's 9422 and the roman M1969 are along always too.

dhrusis

Nobody has said it yet -- but...

...when the mags work: Walther P22!

Sweet little guns, fit the hand well.. excellent for plinking :)

~dhrusis

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Fun Guns:

1917 Colt New Service Army Model .45 ACP (not a CCW, though I think It's still viable as a nightstand gun) And I love the What the HELL is that Hog-leg kinda stares I get. Also takes regular trips to the woods with me.
Ruger Vaquero .44 mag (which I take hunting)

Guns I wouldn't bet my life on but shoot anyway:

1939 Mauser 42 Code Luger. (I need to try hotter ammo, it jams sometimes with 115gr stuff)
Colt 1908 Vest pocket Pistol .25 ACP. :eek: A Mouse! Who thought a .25 could be so fun?

Guns not suited for defense:

Ruger Mk2 5.5 inch bull barrel 22 lr with wraparound cocobolo grips (But I could still hit ya at 100 yards!)

Guns that were once suited for defense:

Colt 1851 Navy Signature Series .36 (noisy lil beast)
Colt 1860 Army "outlaw" (has a fluted cylinder made by Pietta for Cabela's)
Lots of smoke, plenty of fire!

Obsolete Guns I'd like to get:

Colt 32 hammerless
Tokarev TT (original Russian please, though the Polish guns at SOG are supposed to be nice)
Colt Lightning/Thunderer
Colt 1878 New Frontier DA .45
Colt Cloverleaf .41
(are you seeing a pattern yet?)
Colt Derringers
SW Model 3 .44 "Russian"
Colt Peacemaker

Oh how I could go on and on:D

cratz2

Well, my Dan Wesson 22 built on a 357 frame is a lot of fun. Esp for impressing friends by shooting grounded clays at 100 yards.

I'm also starting to really like my CZ IPSC Standard. On one hand, it is too expensive for me to consider it a 'toy for fun' but then, it's too big for any practical use.

MeekAndMild

Obsolete? :( Then why am I carrying this Taurus 85 around in my pocket? :confused: Maybe its the beautiful baby blue anodized titanium finish? :D

jack pringle

all of them. from my old l936 Daisy to my latest acquisition, a Blackhawk in 41 mag. its with my gun doctor now, trigger mechanism needed some attention

they all get their turn at the purpose for which they came home with me

most exciting. rapid fire with the Tarus snubby 4l mag. not for the timid

larryw

Pistol: Ruger Mk II or USP Expert 45, depending on my mood.
Rifle: Remington 700 in .223, but that 10/22 is a very close second.