You guys see Henry's new Evil Roy Rifle?

JWT

Not their best lever gun IMO. The design doesn't do much for my liking. Imagine it's a smooth as their other lever actions.

Obambulate

Looks good to me. The Henry fans have wanted an Octagon barrel carbine for years, and the silver receiver and barrel band have been a hot item, too.

Hawg

Not to my taste at all
Just doesn't look right with a silver bright receiver and the large loop.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of large loop levers anyway. If I was in the market for a carbine I'd rather have a short barreled Golden Boy with a shorter LOP and standard lever.

Chuck Dye

I've always been disappointed in the lack of centerfire style gate loading in the 1894ish rimfires. This one continues that disappointment.

Chuck Dye

Hawg said:
It's a .22

Perhaps why I wrote of rimfires?

It may well be that the size of the rounds makes loading through such a gate too great a nuisance. Certainly the additional cost of building in an 1894 centerfire style loading gate would raise the price and it may well be that such an increase would severely, prohibitively, limit sales. Regardless, it disappoints that none are available. It is not much of a disappointment, though, as I am extremely unlikely to ever buy another rimfire lever action (with the exception of a falling block action. ;))

DPris

Member Emeritus
Got it, shot it.

Nice little gun.
The receiver cover & lower tang are a brushed silver that looks quite a bit like stainless steel.
Same with the barrel band.
Denis