YL-12

Destructo6

I saw this Chinese-made shotgun at Turner's Outdoorsman for $169. It's a knock-off of an Ithaca model 37 and it seems fairly solid (about as solid as my father's 37 with a 28 inch barrel). It has an 18-inch barrel and twin slide bars. In SGN there is an ad stating that they have a 3 3/4 inch chamber (does this sound right?)for $108. There is also a version with rifle sights for about the same price.

I've always liked the Ithaca design, but every affordable one I've found has had a 28-inch barrel and the silly duck hunting engraving on the receiver not to mention being pretty well abused.

Does anybody have any opinions about this gun? Keep in mind that this would serve me as a defense gun.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited April 18, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited April 21, 1999).]

fubsy

talking to yourself is normal anymore...but Im not sure about posting to yourself...hmmmmm...Ive not seen the shotgun...fubsy.

Destructo6

No, the shop (Turner's) isn't very keen on people disassembling their guns prior to purchase. I'll probably take another look at it tomorrow during my weekly gunshop tour and see if I can sneak a quick disassemble. Yes, that would be a pretty sizable factor in my decision.

Destructo6

No, they are not interchangeable. I was able to sneak a takedown on an unsuspecting Big 5 employee last night and the barrel mounting system is different.

My father's Ithaca 37 has two threaded sections at 180 degrees from each other (at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock), with smoothe and smaller (in diameter) sections in between. YL-12, by Brolin Arms, has 2 lugs instead of threads at the same positions.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited April 24, 1999).]