Yet another way to Pi$$ off HCI - deplete their funds

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I received this e-mail today and think it is worth passing on to as many people as possible. Please post it on other gun-boards as well. All it costs you is two stamps.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:15:29 -0400
Organization: Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
To: 0 AGC-Net <agcbalto@bcpl.net>
Subject: HCI Referendum etc.

Several weeks ago I received a fund raising letter from Sarah Brady at Handgun Control, Inc. which included their "1999 Referendum on Guns and Violence." In response I sent them a letter stating that I would like to receive a copy of their latest financial statement and a copy of Federal Form 990 - both of which they are required by law to provide.

Long story short Sarah makes $155,000 ($77,500 of which is funded by the Violence Policy Center) per year working to ban guns and the President of HCI makes $122,891 (figures for 1997). In the same year HCI spent a reported total $7,624,306 to ban guns. All in all I caused them to photocopy 13 pages of information for the cost of a letter and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Not a bad trade, it costs them more than that to reproduce the paperwork plus labor to stuff seal than it cost me for the letter and postage.

If you are interested in this data write to:
Handgun Control, Inc.
1225 Eye Street, N.W.
Room 1100
Washington, D.C. 20005
--
John H. Josselyn
Legislative Vice President
Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
P. O. Box 20102
Towson, Maryland 21284-0102
410-296-3947 (phone & fax)[/quote]

Do it now!
Just dash off a quick note requesting the forms mentioned above and enclose a SASE and drop it in the mail. We can help HCI run up their paper and labor costs, and take money out of their war chest. Every little bit helps.

------------------
RKBA!

"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsay Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Cool...I like it.

Will do

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Elker_43

Me Too!!!!
Just sent it.
Also an after-thought.....Not bad wages either while working to make felons out of the very people who have and continue to keep this country free.

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

[This message has been edited by Elker_43 (edited September 24, 1999).]

DOCSpanky

Woo hoo, Done, and I'll get one sent to all me relatives too ;)

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"