Yet another plastic gun

gyvel

Just announced is something called the "Honor Guard." Apparently the latest entry in a flock of DAO plastic framed guns. One model even sports an extended frame (front) in case you have to shove the gun into a bad guy's belly and not engage the disconnector. It is available in double or single stack and, according to the description, is about an inch thick in single stack.

Anybody seen one of these yet? It seems to be fairly well thought out, and has some nice features, and I say that not being a particular fan of plastic guns. I'm wondering if this is the result of a poster a while back who was hinting at producing a new auto pistol and looking for suggestions and input.

IMightBeWrong

This looks really excellently thought out. I really hope it performs well. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this design.

cslinger

Honestly this looks fantastic I terms of how it is thought out and the options provided etc. the make or break will be QC of large scale production. Hand building small batches making sure they work is one thing. Going large scale will Suss out design defects and QC issues right quick.

The standoff version reminds me of James William Bottomtooth the third. :)

carguychris

cslinger said:
the make or break will be QC of large scale production. Hand building small batches making sure they work is one thing. Going large scale will Suss out design defects and QC issues right quick.
+1. I wonder how much experience the folks behind Honor Defense have with manufacturing, particularly when starting from zero. A Google search reveals one article claiming the company is run by "former Beretta and Remington employees", but this doesn't necessarily say much. (Hopefully these aren't Remington employees who were fired as a result of the R51 debacle. ;) :rolleyes:)

Also, a long DAO trigger and interchangeable fire control group have been used for several years on the SIG P250, and the response by the U.S. shooting community to this pistol has been lukewarm at best. I personally like the ideas, but the market seems to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Skans

The protrusion is ridiculous. You might as well hang a bayonet from it!. Another DAO pistol - does about the same thing as the Ruger LC9 or LC9s. I just don't see what sets it apart from other guns. If it was DA/SA, I might be interested. It's not, so I'm not. Not for me.

O4L

I don't care for DAO pistols.

I got a P250 in a trade once. Got rid of it as soon as I could. Absolutely hated the trigger. Just not right!

sliclee

trust plastic guns

After openly admitting their 9 mm service semi auto our military was given was slightly faulty, did not pass the longevity test and beretta stated they would not remake the gun stronger as it would cut into its profits.
This was printed in the news when clinton was president, he forced the sale on the army and had NATO ammo makers reduced the power,pressure, of the 9 mm load.

TunnelRat

After openly admitting their 9 mm service semi auto our military was given was slightly faulty, did not pass the longevity test and beretta stated they would not remake the gun stronger as it would cut into its profits.

This was printed in the news when clinton was president, he forced the sale on the army and had NATO ammo makers reduced the power,pressure, of the 9 mm load.

1. Do you have a source for this?
2. What does it have to do with this thread?

Last edited:

Fishbed77

Wow. What a load of misinformation and outright nonsense.

bedbugbilly

I think it's nice looking for a plastic gun but I wouldn't want the "cow catcher" on the front. For CCW, it just adds length . . but overall . . an interesting hand gun. It will be interesting to see what folks think when they finally hit the market.

No pistol is "perfect" but I think they have put quite a bit of thought in to the design. Not everybody's cup of tea I'm sure but if it performs well . . hey .. . it's "American made" and we need more American companies. I wish them luck in their ventures! :)

ripnbst

Agree, they need to be about at the $350 price point and not the $450 price point. Shields are sub $400 guns all day long, I'd rather have a shield than that.

9x19

Clinton was elected seven years after the Beretta was adopted by the U.S. Army....

Fullclip610

Originally Posted by sliclee View Post

This was printed in the news when clinton was president, he forced the sale on the army and had NATO ammo makers reduced the power,pressure, of the 9 mm load."

Might be the most random comment I've ever seen. And not even close to being true. vendetta much?

Honor guard needs to make the billboard into a street sign. And the protruding thing's advantages don't outweigh the disadvantages.