Yet another Lets see your AR-15!

Heres my Rock River with Aimpoint CompML2:
rra.jpg

FirstFreedom

Bobby, your pics are just red X's to me. Asmodeous, that is a sweet looking dude - I like what you've done there. But is there enough eye relief on that scope to make it work? Which scope & which mount please?

Asmodeous

Asmodeous, that is a sweet looking dude - I like what you've done there. But is there enough eye relief on that scope to make it work? Which scope & which mount please?

The scope is an older Leupold Vari-x III 4.5-14x40 tactical. the mount is the LaRue SPR. With a proper nose-to-charging handle hold, the eye relief is correct for me.

I see no one here is using a TangoDown rifle grip... I have a fore-end grip from them and it is great...I was thinking of getting the pistol grip from them. Which do you guys like?

Chris Phelps

Well, since I am the only one with a pic of my AR on a bedspread, I am assuming you are refering to my rifle as "tacti-cool". I fail to see how you figured that. Its a rifle with a scope. so friggin what?

FirstFreedom

Guys, I have a very tangential question, which I will start its own thread on if no one sees it here, but for now, a mini-hijack (sorry): I'm thinking of getting a 16" AR to complement my 20" I have. My question is, why would one go for a 'mid-length' handguard setup instead of just going all the way and getting a bushy dissipator setup - isn't the dissipator superior to a mid-length in terms of sight radius, and with the gas port set back underneath, won't it be possibly more reliable as well?

Marks655, your attachments are no longer working for some reason.

MTMilitiaman

Well, since I am the only one with a pic of my AR on a bedspread, I am assuming you are refering to my rifle as "tacti-cool". I fail to see how you figured that. Its a rifle with a scope. so friggin what?

Chill out dude. I just think it is humorous seeing guys boasting about rifles and not even taking the time to put them out on their lawn, driveway, or something else a little bit more visually stimulating than a carpet or bedspread. Maybe I am simply ammused, I don't know. I just get a kick out of it.

VUPDblue

Here is my latest monstrosity. Actually a .22lr CZ conversion with a dedicated (obviously) lower. Don't have very much $$ in the whole thing, so I thought the camo would be interesting. Make people ask questions and generally turn heads anyway. And to whatever question or comment anyone has about it, the answer is; "because I can":D
attachment.php

Attachments

• camoAR.jpg
    camoAR.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5,853

dirksterg30

Here's my new Rock River Arms Elite A4 - just got it last week

AR-15oncarpet.jpg

Guys, I have a very tangential question, which I will start its own thread on if no one sees it here, but for now, a mini-hijack (sorry): I'm thinking of getting a 16" AR to complement my 20" I have. My question is, why would one go for a 'mid-length' handguard setup instead of just going all the way and getting a bushy dissipator setup - isn't the dissipator superior to a mid-length in terms of sight radius, and with the gas port set back underneath, won't it be possibly more reliable as well?
I would imagine the Dissipator is more reliable than the midlength, but for me I think it is a butt-ugly weapon. For me, that's one reason why I went with a midlength.