Yes, background checks work very well.

Quartus

They sometimes show just how much we should trust our Government. I found the following while looking for info on Utah CCW laws:

An officer from one of the local police agencies was trying to purchase a handgun and was denied due to a criminal record found in NCIC. He came to BCI and explained that he was an undercover investigator and that a criminal history was "created" as part of his persona. The criminal history was to be entered into state records only, but somehow ended up with the FBI. The bureau is in the process of having the FBI remove information in their files.

Folks, this was posted on the official web site of the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. This is their idea of boasting about how well the system works.

Yup. Sure gives me a lot of confidence. I especially love that part about "somehow ended up with the FBI".

Thank you, Big Brother, for looking out for me. Rotsa Ruck getting that record removed from FBI files.

Here's the link:

http://bci.ps.state.ut.us/Brady_Report/includes/BRADY_Overview1.html

Kharn

Why did he have the criminal record created in his own name, and why was he undercover under his own name? Or, why was he buying a gun under his persona?

Kharn

C.R.Sam

Maby he was to insert into a place that could run his prints. Or just suffering from severe multiple chronic cogitory handicaps.

Sam

Halffast

"suffering from severe multiple chronic cogitory handicaps."

Sam,

Is that like CRS? Ever since I hit forty, I have it bad. At least I can still remember the combination to my gun safe. Now, if I could just remember where it is, I would be all set. ;)

David