Yes, another XD thread, but...

I've poked around TFL, and I think I'm going with the XD45ACP friday. I was a little apprehensive about the GAP due to y'alls input. I prepaid for the gun at my dealer way back in May, when Springfield reps were on hand. They specifically stated that it was 30 days lead time until the OD green was available. Well, here's Dec. and I'm fed up. I already have the .40 in black and wanted the OD to have a quick physical reference on which one I'm picking up and to have something different. But, I'm at a crossroad. Pick up another Springer, or go with the Kimber Pro Carry II. I'm in a may issue state with a liberal sheriff on CCW. I know there's been input on a similar subject with another member. But to make a long story longer... I believe Springfield gave my dealer and myself the runaround on the manufacture date. I don't like to be lied to. So, do I forgive and forget? Or do I spend about $300 more on a Kimber? Very broad stroke on the question, but have you been frustrated before by a gunmaker like this? Any input would be great. Sorry to post and run, but I will check back frequently.

Thanks fellow members for your time.

Rusty Jr

I don't think SA intentionally lied to anyone. Marketing plans get changed due to manufacturing and consumer demands. A lot of guys have been waiting for the OD models, but for some reason they made the Desert Earth models first and now they are trying to keep up with the demand for the newly released XD45 Compact model (which is great for CCW, by the way, as you get a shorter grip with a 10rnd mag, plus they give you a 13rnd mag with a grip extension). So the OD models are few in numbers.

You can check the online sites, like gunbroker.com, they have 1 OD model up when I posted this reply. You can also check a major distriutor
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunloc...od_ser_combo=None&price_range=None&num_rec=20

You won't regret getting an XD45, no matter which color or barrel length. SA did a great design change on the grip for a double-stack .45ACP

Best of luck.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229522&page=2
Similar problem for me, probably me that you were talking about also. I hope that helps you. :) Im goin Colt although I'll eventually pick up an XD if I can.
I duno the exact price difference between a Colt1911 and an XD but I believe Colt will be 100 to 200$ (maybe 300$)more as an estimation.
Most Kimbers are around 1000$ and up. The XD however is a little more over 500$. It mostly depends on what you'll use the gun for however seeing as you already have an XD in 40 I would choose the Kimber.
Just my input. Prettier gun too. :p

Lucky that...

You know, Makarov, at least we can look at it this way. I sure is nice to have several quality firearms to choose from and the freedom to keep. Let me know if you get that Colt. I might end up copy-cattin' and have that as a purchase in the future!

Will do, man! Infact I held the perfect Colt just the other weekend.
I might just be puttin it on lay-away real soon. ;) I'll let you know how it goes my friend. Have a good night.

CDH

While Springfield may be having difficulty with making production dates of particular colors of XD's, I have yet to find them lacking in customer service.

One person I know had a problem with a Springfield he bought and (aggravatingly enough) had to send it back twice for work. When it still didn't work right, they said to just send it back again and they would replace it with a NEW one.
That's pretty cool in my book, when most manufacturers wouldn't dream of doing any more than sending it back and forth until the customer got tired of doing that and just got rid of it.

Carter

Rusty Jr

Tuttle8,

Not really a fan of either color, guess the DE probably over OD.

SA customer service has been great in the small issues I had in the past.
My Compact is shooting very low, compared to my Service XD45, and SA offered to have me send it back to check the sights, but I'm putting TFO sights on, so I declined their generous offer (got a reply in 1 day from SA on this). I will follow up if the new sights don't fix my issue.

mind made up

Well, Rusty, I think when I walk in there tomorrow is when I'll decide which color I'll get. Yeah, be sure to follow up on your sight issue. I might be inclined to visit Springfield. It's just a stone's throw away from here and meet the reps. FTF.

kimber over XD

King chin0, I think a 1911 whether Kimber, Colt, etc., is going to be my next pistol. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but there's a reason the 1911 style has been around for so long. (bet I'm preaching to the choir on that one!)

King_chin0

Haha, yea I'm looking into getting a new gun as well, and I am at the same position you are in. Either a Compact 1911 or a Compact XD or Glock, don't know yet. but good luck on the purchase, both are great guns, so you can't go wrong with either of them. :)

decided on...

the Dark Earth! I was going to clean her up from factory preservative, but have a really sick dog to deal with this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to the range this next week.

Dogjaw

But, I'm at a crossroad. Pick up another Springer, or go with the Kimber Pro Carry II.
Your talking about 2 totally different pistols on features and how they function. Only you can make that call, and I think you did by ordering the XD originally.

kgpcr

As you can see from my signature i own a few XD's but i MUCH prefer the Smith M&P .40. It is truly one of the best handguns you can buy right now!! Accurate, Utterly dependable and it fits and points OUTSTANDING!

M&p...

I do think the M&P is a great gun, but Smith & Wesson has left a sour taste in my mouth over some political appeasement a few years ago. I'm not saying that I completely boycott Smith, but they are one of my last choices no matter what gun they put out.

firemedic1975

I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II and I absolutly love it. Not to bad on concealing and it shoots a pretty tight group. All around for a compact 1911 I sat you can't beat it.