yeah buddy - BATF just cashed my check for my C&R license

2002gti

i just sent it out last week, does that mean im in for sure? what is my e.t.a. for license to arrive. i cant wait

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I'm pretty sure the application fee is non-refundable (meaning that the federales will gleefully cash your check while snickering behind their hands and telling you "no.")

However, I am given to understand that if you are capable of passing a NICS check and filling out the forms in anything other than pink crayon, then you're in like Flynn.

bobs1066

Take all the money out of your billfold & then put the empty billfold back into your pocket. Get used to that feeling. :p

2002gti

they cashed my check on 6/11 and now its 8/18. two months and some change and still no c&r. should i make a phone call to someone or is this normal for the wait?

No4Mk1

They generally cash the check as soon as they get it. If you have waited two months, then it is possible that there is some hang-up in your application, or it could just be that they have a backlog for your region at the moment. In either case a polite call to the National Licensing Center couldn't hurt. If your app is stuck for some reason you may be able to clear up the problem, or if it is just in the backlog it could (by chance) get bumped to the top of the pile if you are nice enough. :D

I mailed my application an July 4th. The ATF claims not to have received it untill the 20th. It's now been 7 weeks and still no license.

The C&R licenses should be sold like hunting & fishing licenses at gun stores & Wal Marts. All that's needed to issue a C&R is the facility to do an instant background check. There's no reason to make people wait while some bureaucrat at ATF twiddles their thumbs.

Quartus

The C&R licenses should be sold like hunting & fishing licenses at gun stores & Wal Marts.

No, the C&R licenses should not exist, as the Fed.Gov has no legal authority for deciding who gets to buy what weapons.