Y2K bargins

Gopher

What would be a good price to offer for those Y2k guns that may be floating around at the first gun shows of the year. What would you look for, models, types, caliber, equipment, etc. Always looking for that mythical bargin.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Gosh, that's the easiest question I've heard in a long time!

You find a copy of "Shotgun News" and a copy of the "Gun List". You read them until you know all the various prices.

You go to the archives here, in "The Art of the Rifle" and read all the threads about whatever rifles which have attracted your eye in your reading.

After that, you're on your own, just like the rest of us.

:), Art

Bob Locke

1. Make a list of what you need.

2. Make a list of what you want.

3. Make a list of what you already have.

4. Subtract 3. from 1. and 2., and keep your eyes open!

:)

Happy hunting!

Milehi

Don't know of any guns yet, but a guy down the road from me probally has a good deal on dried beans, rice, canned tuna fish, and peanut butter. I thought about going to his place to see if he had any guns or ammo for sell, but I figure he's still in his bunker.
BTW he also has a fairly good looking wife that may soon be available.

[This message has been edited by Milehi (edited January 03, 2000).]

Alan B

Gook Luck finding any...
All the news stories lately have been about how its the fear of the gubberment banning guns thats fueling the sales of firearms and ammo not Y2K. If this is the case there may not be many "deals" out there..

Jeff Thomas

I think Alan is right. In spite of their admonitions to the firearms industry for using Y2K to promote sales, I think it is people like HCI, the VPC and liberal politicians who have done the most to increase the sale of firearms. January should tell the tale.

Rusty S

I don't think there'll be many Y2K bargains either. People who have come to the realization that they may have to take care of themselves for one reason ( Y2K ) will probably realize they remain vulnerable in other circumstances.

Far as the politicians being the best salesmen for guns, I've got guns I don't even want that much except for the fact it occurred to me that if the government is so insistent I'm not to be trusted with one, they must be pretty darned important.

If it hadn't been for the antigunners, I'd have a 22 rifle and pistol, a 25-06/270/30-06 class deer rifle, a 20 ga. upland bird gun, a 12 ga. waterfowl shotgun, a snubbly 38 and a 4 or 5" 357.

Maybe I'd have a 44 Super Blackhawk, or a 375 H&H so I could dream about Africa and Alaska, or a trap gun. All of those could easily fit into a wood glassfront gun cabinet. Seven to ten guns.

Bolt, pump, lever, double barrelled or maybe semiauto 12 ga. Maybe a 9mm or 45 acp instead of 357. No battle rifles or assault rifles, or riot guns. Plinking, hunting, (maybe competition,) and home protection. Joe Blow down the road who goes deer hunting, duck hunting, after chukar, and jackrabbits. That makes me and Joe a threat to civilization?

Know what? I got lots of guns now, a lot more than 10 of them because I bought them before the politicians banned them.

I still don't have a deer rifle.