• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

XP and Chrome don't mix

Emerson Biggies

I use an XP machine as that's all I have.
I installed Chrome some time ago and could no longer get to TFL
I get the error message:

"This site can't provide a secure connection
thefiringline.com uses an unsupported protocol
err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch"

Just tonight, after leaving TFL for months, I went and tried Mozilla Firefox and succeeded in getting in.

Do you have any idea what I have to do to get CHROME to access this site??

MosinNOUGAT

Huh, I don't know. Try reinstalling Chrome. Is it possible for you to upgrade to a newer version of windows? Just a thought. . .

Best,

MosinNOUGAT

Emerson Biggies

Now luck with upgrading to Windows 10. I wouldn't even try to go to 7 or 8 if I could.... I hate them! :)
MY old computer is quite powerful for it's age, but it would be like trying to put a 50BMG round into a 22 caliber. Won't fit and would be a disaster!
I have already reloaded Chrome at other times for different issues, but it does not help.
It may be best to keep an eye on this thread to see if any others have the same problem. Til then, I just keep Mozilla Firefox loaded.

PlatinumCore16

I am going to second upgrading your operating system. Windows dropped support of XP which means that there are no longer security updates being developed and over time XP will become less and less secure. I'm sure that there are people who will continue to support XP outside of official support because I am positive you are not alone. But to be safe, I would look into a new OS.

Heck try Linux if you really don't like the new OS's from Microsoft. Just be safe.

RolandD

You can install Linux onto a disc or USB and boot from it to try it out. I did that several years ago with Ubuntu Linux and now have it as the only OS on all my computers. If you have some programs on XP that you can't find for Ubuntu, you can even dual boot and keep them.