XDm

Deegle

Anyone have one of these yet? If so, how does it compare to the regular XD? Is it finicky and less reliable given the tighter tolerances? I'm thinking of adding a piece of Tupperware to the collection, probably for IDPA as I'm hoping to start competing soon. I was primarily looking at the M&P, but came across the XDm. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

ShootingNut

The M&P is proven to be a good shooting handgun, with the best warranty/service in the business. I have a M&P 40 and love it.
I have been eyeing up the XDm BiTone model, as my next addition.
Seems most comments have been from XD owners, who don't see the XDm features worth the added cost. As you know, the M&P is considerably less money (Bud's Gun Shop), with the XDm Bi at $618.00 delivered (Gander wants
$699).
Either one is a good choice in my book!;)
Regards,
SN

VetteVert

My dad picked one up and we got to try it out last weekend. We shot it with a Sig 226 .40, HK USP .45, and a G26. Sorry, don't have a M&P. Both of us shot the best with the XDm, for what it is worth. No failures of any kind with any of them.

Prices should be $600 or less out the door for the all black one.

VV

LanceOregon

Anyone have one of these yet? If so, how does it compare to the regular XD? Is it finicky and less reliable given the tighter tolerances? I'm thinking of adding a piece of Tupperware to the collection, probably for IDPA as I'm hoping to start competing soon. I was primarily looking at the M&P, but came across the XDm. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

It would make a very good competition gun. It is rather big and bulky and heavy, for self-defense concealed carry.

I considered it recently, but instead ordered one of the Beretta PX4 Storm pistols in .40 S&W this week. The Beretta actually offers even greater capacity, with 17 +1 magazines readily available from Beretta.

Deegle

I did consider the Beretta too, but I have a Stoeger Cougar (basically a Beretta), and would like something with a more crisp trigger. I can hardly feel the reset on my Cougar. How's your trigger on the Storm?

Breakdaddy

Yes I have an XD-M. It has about 1000 rounds on it now including cor bon DPX (20 round box) and Doubletap gold dots (100 rounds). The pistol has been very reliable with only 1 stovepipe in the 1000 rounds fired (with a cheap WWB round). The trigger is slightly better than a regular XD but don't be fooled by the hype (the standard XD trigger breaks in very well after 200-400 rounds). The pistol is very accurate but not noticeably more than my XD45 service (at least at the ranges I tend to fire, in the 10 to 25 yard range normally). I would recommend it for these minor differences that do add up and the interchangeable backstrap which is excellent IMO.

As an aside, I carry it sometimes as my CCW and have no problems with concealment or comfort whatsoever (crossbreed supertuck).