XD9 trigger job

Yung.gunr

I've had a XD9 for a couple years so I feel the trigger has smoothed out and lightened up a bit. But, I'm still feeling some mushiness/bumps in the pull that I'm not happy with.

I've heard a lot of good things about Powder River Precision triggers. But, I don't think I want to lower the weight of the pull as I do carry it. I would just like to smooth it out.

Can this be accomplished by polishing the FCG? I've done some polishing on a rifle with great results but I don't know what parts need to be worked on. Does anyone know of a good YouTube video or something that they have used or would RECOMMEND that shows the detail strip and polish? I detail stripped the slide, that was easy enough. So I feel confident that I can do it. Just need an idea of what I'm doing..

railroader

On the powder river trigger kit you can still use your stock springs to keep the pull weight up. I have the ultimate easy fit kit in my xd9. That kit really shortened up the pre travel and the reset. It has a very nice pull now.

Yung.gunr

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of using the original springs. Was also hoping to save some cash and just polish some stuff up, but I'm having a heck of a time finding any info.

TunnelRat

On the powder river trigger kit you can still use your stock springs to keep the pull weight up. I have the ultimate easy fit kit in my xd9. That kit really shortened up the pre travel and the reset. It has a very nice pull now.

In that case what parts are you replacing? Just the trigger and safety lever?