XD9 Finish, what is Bruniral?

BigMike

I tried looking on SA's site to see the specifics of what this type of finish is. Didn't find it. The one I held a few days ago felt almost like Glock's Tenifer, but was a little smoother. Does anyone know exactly what it is, or is like? How about the durability of this finish? The one I held felt like it was made for my hand. Thanks.

Mike

theberettaman

This is only a guess but most are going to be teflon based and the different names probably come from the different types of bonding agent or process.Being that teflon is the base it's gonna be a pretty tough and durable finnish but as for the way the bonding or process is laid down is a variable!

bsly

The finish on my XD-9 is almost identical in appearance and feeling to the finish on my USP 40. As you stated, the Glock is not as smooth to the touch, nor is it as shiny looking. I'd say the XD series pistols have a very durable finish.

Jesse H

Perhaps Springfield improved the finish on the XD's because my 2nd gen HS 9mm has good holster wear along the slide. I'm using a bladetech kydex, and it's been a little over a year.

TheActor

I asked the same question before on different gun forums and no one has a clue. A pretty exhaustive search reveals zero info as well. Might as well call it whatever they want.