Xd45

vikingextreme93

Went into the local gun shop this evening and left with a new stainless XD45 service model for about $515 out the door. seemed like a pretty damn good deal. I actually went in to look at a ruger p345. That price of the XD plus the 3 free mags offer by springfield twisted my arm:p into buying the xd instead. just too bad they didnt have the 5" tactical :(

Over on the xd forum there were some gripes about SWC feeding issues and bulging the backs of peoples magazines. Now I pretty much use ball and JHP ammo so just wondering if anyone here has had issues of anykind with the XD45?

Davey

I'd never used SWC type ammo. I've never had any problems with my XD45. Well, I did have a failure to eject once but my brother in-law and I think it was due to no magazine in the gun.

David the Gnome

I have a friend who shoots SWC reloads almost exclusively in his XD45 compact with no issues whatsoever. I had problems with those reloads in one of my 1911's but his XD ate them up no problem.

Sgt Pepper

I'd call that an excellent deal. I've had mine for five years or so, and have had zero problems. The bulging mag issue was resolved years ago if it was really a problem. You can check my posts about the XD45 over the years, and I love this gun. I shoot it so well that I cannot see myself ever getting rid of it. I have never had a failure or hiccup of any kind with mine, and I have fired all kinds of ammo - new, reman, handload, brass, aluminum, steel, you name it.

I did install the Powder River Precision trigger kit in mine, and that was a big improvement over the stock setup. I also installed Tru-Glo TFO's, which have worked great.

It just fits, points, aims, and shoot well. I love it.