XD... yeah I'm on the 'list'... The waiting list

n3twrkm4n

:eek: My current experiences with ordering a SA XD in service model form in the shape of a .40 calibre weapon has been frustrating to say the least.

I was curious if anyone else has been 'waiting' for their XD as well... I had ordered my .40 XD Service Model in "Blued" finish approximately 4 months ago. Then I was told a couple weeks, then in a couple weeks I was told a couple more, then after those couple I received information that the distributor said 2 weeks to a month. So I waited patiently...

I then waited another month or two... I lost tract... However; I get a call saying that he (my firearm's dealer) can order me an OD green XD... I said no thank you I will wait for my black one (OD Green... ew... not just for me)

I waited and waited, 2 or 3 days, 4 days, 2 or 3 months, 4 months... yeah! So anyways Yesterday I called the dealer he said there is NO WAY the distributor can get one, BUT he said his distributor out of state can get me a Tactical Model 5" Barrel XD in .40 calibre flavor. I rejoiced when I was told it would be in NEXT TUESDAY! Why wasn't I offered this option to begin with? I dunno... why does 1" of barrel make a difference... I still don't know.

I just wanted to tell my story to see if anyone else has been waiting, all I can say is that I hope the wait is worth it... and on top of that my gun dealer gave me the Tactical model for a few bucks over the price of the service model (not a real big deal since there is only like 28$ difference on MSRP)... Everyone's somewhat happy except that I have to wait another WEEK for the ammendment to my pistol permit... but what's a week when I've waited way to close to half a year.

End of Rant

dolanp

Seems like an issue with your area or dealer. You can pick them up all over the place around here right off the shelf. Would it be possible for you to order one off the net and do an FFL transfer or would that be too cost-prohibitive?

ecXD40

There was going to be a week or two wait for mine in black when I ordered it, but the wait was more for the extra mag and holster kit that springfield has been offering. I ended up getting the gun in 2 days, and my local dealer gave me a mag and holster out of stock.

Works for me, and kept me from haggling on the price, which was just easier all around :D

But as for that long of a wait, sounds like you're getting the run-around somewhere.

n3twrkm4n

I thought it was the dealer too but the other gun shops around here were having 'issues'... I don't know though they only had one on the shelf and that was GONE within days after I had first visited and wasn't the model I was looking for.

I do live in New York so they have messed up my 'fun' before :D

I appreciate your insight sometimes I wish I lived someplace different than here but at least it's not California... Next time I will be more aware... I also checked out GalleryOfGuns.com and they didn't have any service models at the time and I'm not sure if they have them now...

This was my first dealing with this firearm's dealer and I have been LESS than satisified with their customer service and the fact that the guy can't remember my name (CHRIS) which is REAL hard to remember especially that I've been calling three times a week for the last 4 months...

But once I get it I can move on... I actually held the Tactical model and it's nice so I'm not too upset about getting a different model.

It just gets frustrating as a consumer when we are strong-armed and delt with poorly. This guy also offered me $300 for my Ruger .308 rifle... I laughed but what can ya do!

For anyone familiar with the area I would definately suggest Zack's sporting goods over Neudeckers... I hate to drop names but the guys at Zack's are no-nonsense, no-bull$h*t firearm dealers and they will tell you how it is... and not talk your ear off with stories.

It was funny today because I had the guy at Neudecker's show me a U22 Neos and he didn't know how to take it apart so he tried... and the spring and slide when flying across the counter, the U22 has a nice tight spring! :p

n3twrkm4n

Definately sounds like I got hosed by someone, somewhere along the way! =)

The other thing too is whenever I ordered a gun from the other dealer, 2 weeks was 2 weeks... no complaints or issues... I think this guy forgot to order my gun... Oh well, the only thing I have the power to do is warn everyone on here and the people I talk to in real-life about this guy.

So Don't give Neudecker's of Troy, NY any business... I really hate to drop names but sometimes I think it is necessary :mad:

BerettaCougar

Happened to me once, with the p22..

Ordered it and waited about 3 months for a call from the salesman.. never got the call

paid a visit to the store and a different salesman told me the order was beign put through that day!!!

I was angry!! I already paid!!

Ended up getting a free fobus holster. :D I still goto this shop but only when they have something my regular store doesnt.

n3twrkm4n

Well around here there are enough stores that I don't have to shop at any one or two stores.. (Thank God) Living in the Albany area has it's payoffs with competition.

I definately feel your pain man! :eek:

ecXD40

Well, for what it's worth, I absolutely love my XD. Very accurate, I like the trigger, and hasn't had a hiccup yet. What more could I want.

Except for another one, of course.

n3twrkm4n

Besides the great feel of the one I held, I loved the 'two-stage' like trigger... it allows me to take up the 'slack' then have that one last pull to make it go 'boom'... it appeals to me I guess, that and it's just a slick looking gun like a Glock + 1911 (grip safety), it would have been nice to have it in .45acp and not .45 GAP but then they would have to rework everything

SpicyChili

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I went into sportsmen's warehouse here in colorado last night. They had four 4" in stock one was a bi-tone. They had a 3" as well as a tactical that I took home.

They said that they get about ten XD's in a week. I think you need to find a new dealer.

n3twrkm4n

Thanks for the input but did they have the regular 'blued' finish 4" service model? Not the two-tone... I was unsure if there was a supply problem with that specific one. I also have a letter I am going to write to Springfield Armory telling them that their dealers are 'messing' around and seeing what they say to me regarding the 'backorder'. Not a nasty letter because I sincerely doubt that SA is responsible for this mess... :p

I'll keep everyone updated if I get a letter back!

DorGunR

I don't know if my favorite gun store has any XD's in stock or not, I haven't checked however when I walk into the store the owner or one of his help always looks up, waves and says hello Mr XXXX......even if they are busy with another customer. You think maybe I'm spending too much money there??? :)

Andrew LB

Some gun stores are just shady like that. When i went to buy my 5" tactical 9mm i was told by Turners that they were out of stock and had been for a long time. He said he would check with other stores and said they were out. so i opted to get their 4" service model.

10 days later i went to a different turners to grab some ammo for my second day of shooting and there was a 5" Tactical 9mm in the counter. So i asked and he said they've had about 5 of them for weeeks.

As you can imagine i was a little pissed off.

I'll never shop at turners again.

And i still want the 5" Tactical.

Marcus

A while after the .40 Sub Compact came out I ordered one in BiTone with night sights from a favorite dealer (who BTW sells a lot of XDs). After waiting about 7 months(!) I saw a Kahr P-40 in the cabinet for a really good price. I bought it,canceled the XD and haven`t looked back. :) I`ll probably still get some kind of XD at some point though. Marcus

JMag

Availability in stores depends on popularity in many cases. In these parts, if you want a polymer pistol it is Glocks you will find. Academy Sports is about the only retailer that stocks the XD and I've only seen it in the blue finish, no stainless slide models. Most dealers will order the XD if you want it. There's just not much demand around here, according to the dealers I use.

Good luck where you are!