x-mark pro rem 700 trigger - overtravel adjustment ?

pilpens

I have adjusted the pull weight down to approx 2 lbs on my rem 700 sps tactical .223.
Is there an adjustment screw for the over-travel?
thanks

Horseman

It is generally not necessary to adjust overtravel or sear engagement on the X Mark trigger. These triggers use different geometry of parts so sear and overtravel are usually not affected by reducing pull weight.

If you do need to adjust sear or overtravel it can be done but the screws are epoxied in very well. It will take heat to loosen the bond. I've adjusted 6 x marks and have never needed to adjust sear engagement or overtravel.

On the older style 700 trigger all 3 screws are adjusted together and many people assume the new ones need the same procedure. This is not the case.

Alleykat

Thanks for the info, Horseman. There's another thread in which a guy assumes that his Remmy's trigger adjustment screws are stripped. I posted in that thread that I thought they were probably Loctited in. I recently tried to adjust a friend's 700 trigger, and the screw wouldn't budge. I didn't have a heat source with me out at the range, so no adjusting was done.