Wyoming scenic route in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey joe

Bro’ and I were fortunate to draw tags for antelope and deer this season and we are planning a bit of a tour for October 9-11. We are heading up to Cody and would then like to try the Beartooth over to Yellowstone. Am I crazy thinking the road will be accessible during this time frame? I would greatly appreciate some local insight. I know the road closes Oct. 15 and weather is unpredictable. I guess I am looking for some wisdom that would suggest the probability of the road being drivable the week prior to its official close.

Thanks

gunmoney

That may be a hit or miss. I don't live in the area but I have gone through there a few times in late September. Only one time it was open and the other two it was closed. There is another way, a bit to the east I believe, while not as amazing it is damned close. I will try to remember the route and get back to you.

smoakingun

october is a fine time to see wyoming. most years real snow doesn't come around untill after thanksgiving. you didn't mention what area you are going to hunt, but if its around cody, then a drive north to casper, then buffalo, and west through sheridan and the big horns will show the most beautiful parts of the state. the cody museum is worth a visit too

Sorry, Jersey, this is a firearms site, not a travelocity analog.

Have a safe trip, enjoy the scenery, but as all posts in General Discussion MUST be firearms related, this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.