• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

WTS post got nuked!

Sixer

I think I know why now... forgot to put my location in the title, oops.

Still, did you really have to delete the whole post? Could you have maybe just sent a quick reminder via PM? I'm not selling holsters from a bungalow overseas.

I could have typed the letters "MO" in less time than it took to make the whole post disappear. Sorry, honest mistake... just a pain to type it all out and post pics again.

Bud Helms

Could you have maybe just sent a quick reminder via PM?

Could you just read the posting rules for the Buy, Sell & Trade forums before you post?

Seriously, we used to PM about this problem. We also used to open the thread to find out where the member is from and fix the title. Then we discover that the member may not have his location in his ID block. Then it's all for nothing. Yeah, just a few seconds from your point of view. 'Doesn't seem like much to you because you are thinking of only your post. We don't have one member to watch after and help along. Do you see how much trouble this can be in three separate Buy, Sell & Trade forums? All because you don't check the guidelines for posting?

It's a "quick reminder" to you that we don't think should be necessary. It's free. Read the rules.

Sixer

It's free. Read the rules.

I hear ya Bud.

I appreciate the free service that TFL allows... but really, are there many other gun forums that charge for this? How's that working out for them?

I've read the rules, I just don't read them every single time I post. They've changed a once or twice since I joined this fine community. It was a mental lapse on my part, albeit a small one.

Either way, I'll tell any and everyone that TFL is a priceless resource and one of the best gun forums on the web. I really do appreciate the time you guys put in to make this site run smoothly. Be sure that next time I post in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum I will remember to include my location in the title :)

BTW - Anyone interested in a Galco OWB for a Sig 229 let me know... I'm in Missouri :D

Bud Helms

I've read the rules, I just don't read them every single time I post. They've changed a once or twice since I joined this fine community.

You may have a point there. All I can say is, we dump several a day and the affected member just reposts and the world keeps turning. It's not personal.

Rich Miranda

Sixer, it has happened to me. The reason I forgot was because I was buying, not selling, and I didn't care about shipping charges.

May be a good idea to do all of your typing into MS Word, then copy and paste into TFL. The added benefit is that you can also save your ad as a template this way.